Chapter IV Reunited

{~_~}

(Y/n)'s POV

My love for Ephraim is the only reason I'm rushing into battle like this, even though my parents and King Fado have passed away, revenge is not what I seek. Unlike Eirika, I am not totally opposed to war, I'm just not confident in my fighting abilities. Yeah, I have archery skills and I can wield a couple of lightweight swords and lances, but I've only had a little training in them which was from Prince Innes and Prince Ephraim. It's just like Ephraim told me before he left,"you can barely hold your own if you were to get in a duel." Yet here I am as an unexperienced fighter running in with his sister who is on the same level if not slightly a better fighter than me, to save the one who taught us both how to fight.

During our mission to reunite with the prince of Renais, we heard tales along the way that the prince and his army had been captured. We were unsure whether to believe it or not; however, Eirika said even if it is a trap we must go. Our army has expanded quite a bit along the way. We went from 7 to approximately 20 people, which gives us a bit more of a fighting chance, but compared to Grado's troops we pale in comparison. When we arrived at Renvall, we were greeted by Orson. I know he along with Sir Kyle and Sir Forde accompanied Prince Ephraim, so why is it just him greeting us...where's Ephraim?! I was about to question him, but Eirika was so eager to see her brother that she allowed General Orson to lead us in the castle. Seth must have thought the same as me because he stopped Orson from taking us further into the castle.

"Orson of Renais, you accompanied the prince, did you not? So why is it that you are not with him now?" Seth asked.

"Agreed, why would you leave the prince in bondage while you roam free...it almost seems like it was no coincidence that we encountered you a few minutes ago." I chimed in.

Orson was mute.

"Orson, why are you betraying Renais?!" Seth shouted.

"You wouldn't understand...quick cut off their escape route!" Orson said as he commanded some of Grado soldiers who immediately obeyed him.

Damn, first Grado and now one of our loyal soldiers of Renais?! Who's going to betray us next?!

"Our pathway to escape is cut off General Seth!" Franz cried.

"Blast! I guess we have no choice but to engage in combat...princess, (y/n) are you ready?" Seth asked Eirika and I.

"L-let's go!" I shouted nervously.

"If this is war, so be it!" Eirika proclaimed.

I managed to purchase a bow and arrow with some of the funding from King Hayden, so I feel slightly more confident with my fighting abilities. An enemy soldier approached the princess, and she initiated combat with them. She was faring well until the soldier with a lance knocked her rapier out of her hand. Instinctively, I raised up my bow and arrow and shot the enemy. Blood poured out of his lifeless body. I have to say, I've gotten adjusted to seeing blood and carcasses, and it kind of scares me of how desensitized I've become.

"Thanks (y/n)." Eirika said as she went to retrieve her sword.

I must admit, I get boastful when people thank me or praise me, so when an enemy soldier attack me I was caught off guard.

"(Y/n), look out!" Eirika cried as she started running towards me, but she couldn't reach me in time.

I closed my eyes preparing for the worst, but instead I felt a cape wrap around me. I opened my eyes to see that none other than Prince Ephraim himself was protecting me. He used his Reginleif to slay my attacker.

"P-prince Ephraim!" I blushed.

He's so close to me.

"Brother! Is it really you?!" Eirika's face lit up.

"Of course it is," he replied.

"Your alive!" I cheered.

"Oh ye of little faith."

"Haha looks like you did pay attention to Father McGregor's teachings!" Eirika laughed and so did I.

"Heh, we'll have to continue this conversation another time, the enemy approaches." Ephraim smiled at us before he went off to fight our remaining foes.

"Tehee, I saw you blush (y/n)~" Eirika teased me.

"W-we have more important things to do right now!" I exclaimed as I followed Ephraim.

{~_~}

To be continued in chapter 5, make sure to vote and comment!

I hope you liked this chapter! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Written May 17th,2017
Published July 11th,2017
Next Update July 14th,2017