18. Truth

Emily's p.o.v.

The next day...

Mrs Armando arrived once Julian went to work. He didn't even say a word or neither did he looked at me this morning. It hurts so badly.

Maybe I should have listened to him and never let my curiosity win when I was battling with my decision yesterday.

"Emily I would suggest you stop dreaming and get ready for the shopping dear. We need to find your dress today or else you are going to walk down the aisle in your uniform.". "Oh sorry Mrs. Armando. I will be back soon."

Even his mom sounds so distant today. What have I done! *Sigh* I quickly put on my jeans and a blouse and both of us head to Mrs Armando's friend's boutique.

......In the boutique...........

" Well hello there. I must admit, your daughter-in-law is so beautiful. ". I smiled at her shyly. Well thanks to Julian. All my scars are gone now. " Look who picks the bride Donna. My son is good in picking the best one for him."

Yeah your son is good in most of the things I might add. " I have a few new dresses for you to choose. Come on now. Let's have some dress up session."

After trying almost five dresses, finally Mrs.Armando was satisfied with the last dress that I tried. It has beading and a sweetheart neck. I loved the dress too. I was glad that it was over finally because I was so tired.

***************************
Julian came back when Mrs Armando and me were preparing dinner. Again he didn't even look at me. He is still being the expressionless and emotionless hot guy like yesterday. Again I can't stop blaming myself for all the things that happened.

After dinner, Mrs. Armando went to her room to sleep and I went to mine. I just sat on my bed crying for god knows why. Too much happened in a short time and here I am thinking of my fate starting from tomorrow as Mrs Julian.

The door opens revealing a pretty messed up Julian. His hair is so messy and his face still has the same cold and emotionless demeanor. But the main thing is he is shirtless. Are you trying to seduce me! You need to do more than that baby! But maybe it worked a bit. Just a bit OK!

For every step that he takes, I moved further. "Stop that Emily". Not gonna listen. One step, move.. Another step, move again.. Another big step, unable to move because he is already on top of me! Crap! Is he a magician or cheetah in disguise? That's super fast!

" I told you to stay still not move away. Don't you dare move away from me!". And with that, let the 'waterfall' flow. For once his expression soften and he wiped my tears with his thumb. Is my prince charming back?

" I want you to know about me before we get married tomorrow. And you have time till after the wedding, to choose which side of me will be your husband. The cold one or the sweet side of me. I am not threatening you but this is for the sake of everyone's safety. I am sure you have been eager to know about me, About the incident yesterday, right? "

I just nodded. " Well my father is the head of the mafias.". Wait what? " I was never interested in killing people." Ya right. Then what about yesterday? Was that some sort of toy gun! "OK that would be generally. I only kill when I feel someone threatens what is mine. My father is spending his whole life killing people and I have no intention to follow his step like my brother. That is the reason why I left the mansion. But no matter how far I run, I can't deny the fact that my family is involved in the mafia and I do inherit some of my dad's bad attitude like.... Killing. But I swear Emily I only do that when it is really needed. This whole thing should be a secret because my family is exposed to so many dangers. There is a rule that everyone must follow. This whole thing must be a secret. Only the family members should know about it and if anyone fails to obey the rule, that person must be killed together with the one who knows the secret. I didn't want you to find out about me when you first came here because if you did found out the secret, I was left with no choice than to kill you that day. I need to have a gun for my safety and from tomorrow onwards it would be for our safety. I shouldn't be telling you this now but I trust you and I want you to know who you are getting married to. I wasn't planning to tell you like this either. I had so many plans but as I said before you ruined it. I should have killed you yesterday because you saw me killing that bastard but I will never do that because I love you so much. To avoid this, I had to move the wedding date forward. I hope you will make a good choice.". He kissed me one last time and went to his room.

This is way too much for me. This family screams danger to me now. Damn! For outsiders, they are some business tycoon, but the truth is these people kill for living!!!! Can I even adapt to this? I have so many questions in my head. Does Mrs.Armando knows about this? What about my friends? Does any of the maids know about this?

It would be better if you focus on what Mr. Hot mamba said just now! Oh well ya, I should. He loves me. That confession makes me the happiest person in the world. He wasn't faking it. Why shouldn't I trust him when he trusts me ! I still feel guilty when he said I ruined his plan. Sorry boo! I am going to make up to you tomorrow baby. I promise! With that I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I think its too long already. Sorry if it didn't meet up to your expectations. But a person can try right. Thank you so much for reading. I really appreciate it. <3