21. two months' story

Emily's p.o.v.

This past two months had been really great despite the fact that we did argue a few times. The most common issue will be about having a baby.

It is still fresh in my mind. I was preparing breakfast for him before he goes to work. He came to the kitchen with a small bottle in his hand. " Baby I want you to keep this.".   " Ermm what is this?".   " It's birth control pills.".   "What! But why? Don't you want to have a baby with me?".  I was so sad and was on the verge of crying. " Baby it's not that. Our family attract danger. I can't risk our baby in this. It's better if we remain like this. And I am afraid I can't be a good father. Plus I don't want my kids to suffer in this mafia world.".      " You have been doing a great job protecting me all this while. Adding one more person in your to-protect list won't affect much right?".             

  " I really hope you can accept this and listen to what I say. I am not changing my decision. End of discussion.".   The moment he said that it means I shouldn't push him more. I just kept quiet and ignored him.

I just don't know why but an evil thought popped in my mind and I told myself not to take that pills. And that's what exactly I did. When he asks I would say I took it but the truth is I would actually throw it in the dustbin.

I have always wanted to have a baby and no matter how many times I  tried to explain to him , he never listen. I am always guilty that I am lying to him but I will be even more guilty if I try to reject a gift from the God. Damn your words girl!

Also for these past two months I learned a lot about his family. Mrs armando knows everything about this family but as what the rule says, she should protect the secret and that's what she have been doing. Not even the maids know about this whole mafia thing. I guess this family is too good in keeping a secret.

As for my friends, both of them got married to Julian's uncle's children. How did that happen? I have no idea. They got to know each other after I came to Julian's apartment. Cathrine got married to Pete,(Julian's cousin) and Taylor got married to Molly, Pete's sister. Well speaking about being best friends you see.

All of us were best friends before and family members now.

Both of them were as shocked as I was when they got to know about this family. Taylor is no longer a driver. He was trained by my father in-law (Mr armando) just like the other guys in the family. It's for some safety purpose. One good thing is that all the ladies in the family are close. We get along pretty well. We get to meet each other when we have family dinners. And finally Mr.Armando accepts me as his daughter in-law.

I also got to know that those patients that are being treated at Julian's hospital are all his father's men. Those who get injured during fights will be admitted in Julian's hospital. It is to make sure the police do not find out their secret.

That also explains why Julian doesn't go to the hospital often. Sometimes it scares me but I soon started to adapt to this situation. Julian follows his father when there are important meetings with the other mafia gangs.

There was once where he went for nearly two days and I was so worried that I fall sick. When he came back and got to know what happened, he commented "so cute"  and I was like seriously!?

I think that's all for now. Thanks for reading. :) 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘