Chapter 2

"Thorn, are you ok? You have been out of it for well over an hour now." Spiridon asked me as he kneeled in front of me. Opening my eyes I saw that I was surrounded by everyone in my group.

"Yes Donnie I am fine, thank you thank you for asking. I was pulled to court, Dimitri and the pathetic little princess got into a fight."

"Want to tell us what it was about?" Mia asked.

Eddie had called her, after we left court, to see if she wanted to join us. And she did. Of course, she did it mostly because she wanted to be with her boyfriend, Eddie. Which was fine by me, I wanted them both to be happy, even if I wasn't. But she also did it to support me, one of her only friends. She said it hadn't been hard to choose between me and Lissa because she had seen the way that Lissa had been treated me and she'd hated it. And Lissa for it.

It had been a good move for them, they'd managed to not only get engaged, but also married. Their wedding had been at our compound here in Turkey, and it was absolutely beautiful. Now, they have their first baby on the way, and I was very very happy for both of them. They were both over the moon with joy, at the prospect of becoming parents and everyone else was thrilled for them as well.

"It seems as though Lissa and Tasha both have been trying to get Dimitri to be with them. And he doesn't want anything whatsoever to do with either one of them, but that has not stopped either of their attempts to persuade him. She told him I was dead, and he threw an absolute fit. He screamed at her and telling her that I wasn't dead and when he told her that I was Queen Thorn she wanted to have me arrested..."

"WHAT?!!! Why?! What the fuck for?!!!" Chris interrupted with angry questions.

"She said that I have gone rogue, and the guardians do not operate like we do. And she is right about that, because they don't work the way that we do. So, in light of that she thought that I should be arrested. All because we take the fight to the strigoi, because we go on the offensive instead of the defensive. That because, instead of waiting for them to come after us and then hiding like cowards from them, we go after them instead."

"What else happened?" Adrian asked.

"What makes you think that anything else happened?" I asked as I evaded the question and eye contact.

"Thorn, don't forget that both Adrian and I can see it in your aura. So, tell us what else happened."

I sighed. "Dimitri told her that if he knew where I was and if he thought for a moment that I would allow him to. That he would join me in less than half a heartbeat."

"How would you feel about that?" Mishka asked me.

"What?" I asked still evading.

"Dimitri coming here." Sonya replied.

"He is not joining us."

"Why not? We could really use him, remember he is the stoic antisocial Russian Battle God." Eddie said.

"He is a god period." I murmured and they laughed at me. 

"Why would he come to us?" I asked still trying my absolute damnedest to avoid what I knew that they are all thinking.

"Because he still loves you." My father answered from his position near the door.

"Did you all just suddenly forget the words, love fades... mine has?"

"Kizim, no one else may not know, but I do. I KNOW that you have watched Dimitri from the day that you developed that power. And before that you watched him through the bond you have with that bitch Vasilisa. So, I know that you know that he still loves you." Unfortunately, no one looked at all shocked at this information, actually they all looked as though they expected it. (my daughter)