Chapter 46

"Why three times in nine years?"

"The ritual had to be done every three years. As I said before, the bodies had to hang from the hooks until they decomposed. I was told that the bodies had to stay there until every single piece of them rotted away and disappeared. Which is why the ritual was preformed every three years."

Again the room was filled with gasps and groans of disgust.

"Are you sure that you didn't compel her to do these things?"

"Have you forgotten that strigoi cannot use magic?"

"No, I most certainly have not forgotten."

"Then why ask such a stupid question?"

"I remind you Lord Taurus I am the one asking the questions here."

"Then ask some that are not so ignorant." 

The room erupted with laughter.

"Your majesties please instruct the witness that he is to answer whatever question that I pose to him."

"Lord Taurus, please answer the questions posed to you."

Smythe smirked.

"That being said, Mr. Smythe please ask questions that make sense." Was my Roza's retort. Which made those gathered laugh again.

Mr. Smythe blustered but then he continued to question Darius for the remainder of the day.

Once we dismissed the hearing for the day our circle of family, friends and guardians reconvened in mine and Roza's office in the original palace. Which as I said before was now the new municipal building.

(DARIUS'S TESTEMONY IS NOW AT AN END. I AM SORRY IF ANY OF IT DISTURBED YOU. I HOPE THAT YOU CONTINUE TO ENJOY THE REST OF THE SOTRY.)

"Alberta, did you find Cerci?"

"Yes, your majesty."

Roza looked at Alberta with a look that was telling her not to call her your majesty right now. And Alberta just looked amused because she knew very well why my Roza wore that particular look.

"Where did you find her?"

Now Alberta looked angry, "in bed with her boyfriend."

"So let get this straight, she asked for time away from her position as nanny to my children, while I worked. Just so that she could spend said time, that she was supposed to be using to watch Tasha's trial, in bed with her boyfriend?!!!"

I grasped my fiancées hand trying to prevent her taking her anger out on someone who didn't deserve it. I didn't want her to have to live with loosing her temper on someone that she cared about.

"So it would seem your majesty."

"Where are they now?"

"I had them put into separate interrogation rooms here in the old palace your majesty."

"Have them both brought before us in the throne room."

Alberta bowed, "yes your majesty."

Alberta and four guardians went to retrieve Cerci and her boyfriend, whoever that may be, and then take them both to the throne room. As my queen, the remainder of our circle of family, friends, guardians and myself made our own way to the throne room.

"What can we charge her with Roza?"

"Negligence and endangering our children, performing a sex act in front of our children, indecent behavior, indecent exposure and anything else that I can possibly think of." She gritted out from between clenched jaws.