Chapter 43

(DPOV)

Roza and I quietly got dressed, hating what we were about to have to do. She'd told Christian, repeatedly, that he didn't have to come to Tasha's trial if he didn't want to. But he insisted that he was going to come to give Roza any moral support that she might need.

Neither of us had told him the things that Darius had told us about Natasha. Or any of the charges that Tasha faced really, or the true diagnosis given to us by Sonya.

I think that Roza was hoping that he would not come to the trial just so that he would never have to find out the things that Tasha had done. So that he would never know just how truly depraved that the suka really is. Because we both knew that when he found out some of the things the she is charged with it was going to crush him. (bitch)

"Have you spoken to Christian in the last few days Roza?"

"No, not since the last time that I told him that he didn't have to attend her trial."

"Did he ask why?"

"Yes."

"What did you tell him?"

"I told him that there were a lot of things that were going to come to light about Tasha. Things that he didn't need or want to know."

"What did he say?"

"That as my brother and your brother in law, that he needed to be there to support the both of us."

I sighed. "I sure hope that he takes our advice to heart about not pushing any of us away when he hears all of this horrific stuff."

"Me too Comrade, me too." I wrapped lyubov' moya in my arms and held her for a while before we had to leave for the trial. (My love)

Thankfully my mother and babushka were going to keep all the children at home with them today. But all three of my sisters insisted on being at the trial to support not only Roza and I, but also Christian. (grandmother)

When we got downstairs everyone was already in the living room waiting for us. Roza let go of my hand and walked over to Christian.

"Chris, are you really sure that you want to do this? There is going to be a lot of stuff said about Tasha in the next few days some very bad things, things that you really don't and shouldn't know."

"Thorn, I know that a lot of stuff is going to come out about her over the next few days, things that are going to be very difficult for me to hear. But I need to be there, I need to know all of the horrible things that she has done. The things that she has done to you my sister that you haven't told me about, to Dimitri my brother in law that I don't know about, what she has done to everyone that I care about."

She sighed, "all right."

Twenty minutes later we were all waiting inside mine and Roza's office in the municipal building, which just so happened to be the former palace. In ten minutes everyone, except for Roza and I, would have to go into the trial hall and get a seat. Everyone that was to attend had to be present before Roza and I walked in, including Tasha and her lawyer. If she had managed to find someone who was willing to represent her after they saw and heard all of the evidence against her that is.

She had lost three attorney's after they had seen and heard not only the charges against her, but also the evidence. One of them even threw up before he could even get out of the room and away from her.

There came a knock on the door to mine and Roza's office which with Alberta, being the head of our royal guardians answered.

"Guardian Petrova, it is time for the others to take their seats." Guardian Steven Sullivan informed Alberta.