Chapter 44

"We will adjourn for an hour, so that everyone might collect themselves before we have opening statements." Lyubov' moya spoke up suddenly. (my love)

"Guardian Croft, please return the former Lady Natasha Ozera to her cell until we reconvene in an hour." I told him.

Hans bowed his head, "yes your majesty."

Then he turned to the crowd. "Everyone please rise for our queen and king."

As Roza and I walked out the door I heard Hans say, "guardians please escort the prisoner back to her cell." And then the doors closed behind us.

Roza and I had been in the apartment area of our office for less than five minutes when there was a knock on the door.

Alberta opened the door, "your majesties, your family and friends are here."

"Let them in please Alberta." I replied.

She opened the door and the room filled up. Everyone sat around in shocked silence for a while before Christian spoke up.

"Did she really do all of that stuff?" His eyes were actually begging Roza and I to deny it but since we couldn't we simply nodded.

"That is why you didn't want me here for the trial isn't it Thorn?"

"Yes." My beautiful fiancée answered quietly.

"When did she try to compel you to kill yourself Rose?"

"A few days after we got to the ski lodge like I said at my coronation. Do you remember when Eddie, Mason, you, Lissa and I were skiing the third day that we were there?"

"Yes."

"When you and Lissa went back to the ski lodge and I was waiting for my turn to go down the slope. She walked up and tried to compel me to jump off of the nearby cliff. She told me that I was ruining Dimitri's, Lissa's and your lives just by being in your lives. She said that she would promise to look after all of you in my absence. But that I needed to take myself permanently out of your lives before too much damage had been done to all of you and your reputations."

"My God, I don't understand how anyone could do all of those things. We already know that she's not crazy. So how... how can she be sane and do that kind of thing?"

"I would tell you Chris, but I don't think that you would be to happy to hear it." Roza answered.

"I'm not happy with the things that she's done so it can't get much worse. So go ahead and tell me."

"She is spoiled, hateful, cruel, malicious et cetera et cetera et cetera. And according to Sonya, she has a mood disorder called narcissism and she is also a psychopath. She wants what she wants when she wants it, regardless of how it will affect others. But over ninety percent of the royals are narcissist but with Tasha it is one hundred times worse. She doesn't care about anyone else or their needs, wants and desires. She only cares about what she wants, she pretends to care about you and Dimitri but she really doesn't. She just wants to possess Dimitri, she cares absolutely nothing whatsoever about him. She just wants to possess his body and affections, she wants him to worship her and the ground that she walks on."

Everyone around the room just shook their heads.

When the time came everyone reconvened in the trial hall so that Tasha's trial could begin everyone left as they had the time before.

"It is time for opening statements. The attorney for the defense is Wilson Smythe, the attorney for the prosecution is Lord Rufus Taurus. As the prosecution, Lord Taurus will go first, he will present the crown's case. Mr. Smythe will then present the defendants case. And then we will begin with the witnesses. Lord Taurus please begin."