Chapter 35

"When I was a strigoi... I... I..."

She cupped my face between her hands, "you know that you can tell me anything Dimitri. No matter what it is. I have never held anything that your body did as a strigoi against you. Because I know that it wasn't you're doing or fault."

I nodded, "I killed over a dozen strigoi back then because they had the nerve of saying that they were going to kill you. And that made me furious, I had already told everyone that if anyone was going to kill you that it was going to be me. I didn't think that they deserved that right because you were, are and always will be my Roza. And I was determined that if there was anyone who deserved the privilege of putting out your light it was going to be me." 

As I looked down at the floor I could feel tears roll down my face. Then I felt the warm soft and loving hands of my soul mate lift my face so that she could look into my eyes.

"Not even knowing that will ever cause me to not love you Comrade. Plus, I already knew that."

"But how?"

"One night while we were away we happened upon a strigoi that I remembered being in hotel hell. After I restored him he told me all about it, he wanted me to get more guardians. He was afraid that you would find him and kill him for being restored. So I told him that you had already been restored back to your normal dhampir self."

I relaxed because not only did it not seem to bother her. But I guess she'd had time to get used to this information.

"Thank you, I love you so much detka." (baby)

"As I love you, Mitya moy."

"I should probably also tell you something else..."

"Ok."

"Well I never really had any intentions of killing you. I was planning to capture you and turn you even against your will. I thought that you would eventually forgive me because we belong together... we always have. I am sorry but I was desperate to have you by my side Roza."

"It's fine baby, I understand. And you told me while we were at Galina's that if I didn't chose to be turned that you would do it anyway. Remember?"

"I remember, but I wasn't so much that I wanted to force you into it, it was just that I wanted you to pick me instead of Lissa. That is why I was so desperate for you to choose to be turned."

She smiled at me so lovingly that it shocked me.

"I know. I knew it then just as I knew that you would not want to be that way. I also knew that if I let you turn me that there would be no chance of getting you back to how you were meant to be."

"Thank you so much for not giving in and for restoring me Roza."

"You are sooo welcome lyubov' moya." (my love)

"But I wasn't the one who restored you, remember?"

"You may not have wielded the stake my Roza. But you are the  one who saved my life and my soul. Staking me is the ONLY thing that she did and she didn't do it for me, or even for you. The jealous and attention seeking little suka did it for herself." (bitch)

"I know." She responded sadly.

"So, is there anything else that is special about this stake?"

(RPOV)

I handed it to him, "look at it."

When he'd finished reading the inscriptions he looked up at me tears in his eyes.

"Oh Roza, how can you still love me?"

"I don't have a choice Mitya, I have never had a choice. You are my soul mate, my preordained mate, my kindred soul." I explained.