Chapter 33

"I think it's beautiful Anitchka Maya... what next?"

"Hmmm... what about Dasha?"

"Anitchka Maya Dasha, I like it. What about her last name? Belikova or Belikov?"

"That is a tough one. You are Russian, Abe is half Russian therefore making me part Russian, which makes our children mostly Russian. But we live in America."

I thought about it for a while and I really wanted our whole family to share the same surname. But I knew that tradition was important to Dimitri because he, unlike me, had been raised with traditions.

"What do you think Mitya? I know how important your heritage and traditions are to you."

"Well, everything that you said about the children's genealogy is true as is the importance of my heritage and traditions to me. But you were also right when you said that we all live here in the United States. And as you know in Russia it is a tradition for the female's members of the family to have an 'a' at the end of their surnames. While here in America it is tradition that every member of a family have the same exact surname. I would be thrilled for you and our daughters to be Belikova's. But the feeling I get deep in my heart when I think of all of you carrying MY name, pretty much just rocks my world."

She laughed at my use of an American saying.

"And we are giving them names from not only Russia but also from America. And I imagine Turkish and also Scottish names so taking all of that into consideration I think that we should go with the Americanized surnames."

'He told me once that I could sum up in just one sentence what it took him a paragraph to say. And this time he was right.' I thought with a silent giggle.

"So, Anitchka Maya Dasha Belikov?" I asked again just to be sure that he was sure of his decision.

"Yes." He answered with a proud smile.

"Ok, now for our third child and second born son."

"What do you think of Grigori?"

"I like it."

"I'm glad. So, what will his middle names be?"

"What about Cullen? I mean it's Irish not Scottish but I like it."

"Irish is fine by me. Now what about his second middle name?"

"What do you think of Ian? I mean it is kind of like Ivan."

"I think it's perfect. So, Grigori Cullen Ian Belikov?"

I smiled again and nodded. I was so thankful for the internet because I would never be able to come up with Turkish, Scottish or Irish names without it.

"Perfect, that just leaves our next youngest our baby girl. What do you think of Valera?"

"Mitya, that is so beautiful."

He blushed, "thank you. Now for middle names."

"Lorna Neylan."

"Valera Lorna Neylan Belikov?"

"It's beautiful babe. Now what about our baby girl?"

"I like the name Katyuska."

"Ok how about Katyuska Marinique Jasmine Belikov?"

"Again, beautiful detka, just beautiful." (baby)

"Are you sure that those all ok with you Mitya?"