Chapter 55

THE EXTRA UPDATES, ON ALL OF MY STORIES, THIS WEEK. ARE IN CELEBRATION OF THE REAL TRUE MEANING OF EASTER. WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EGGS, CHICKS OR BUNNIES. LOL. I HOPE THAT YOU ALL ENJOY THE UPDATES AND THE WONDERFUL EASTER HOLIDAY.

Roza and I turned and took the last two steps up the dais together, hand in hand, and smiling at each other.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony. Is there any among us, with any lawful reason, that these two should not be allowed to marry? If not, from this day forth forever hold your peace."

Everyone waited for about thirty seconds before Father Andrew continued.

"Who gives this woman to this man?" Father Andrew asked.

"Her mother and I do." Abe and Janine stood and answered proudly and happily.

"I have been informed that King Belikov and Queen Ivashkov have written their own vows."

Looking down at me he said, "your majesty, as you are the groom you are to go first."

I nodded.

Turning to my Roza I brought both of her hands to rest on my chest, right over my heart, and said to her. "Roza, lyubov' moya, I have loved you since the very first moment that we met. The moment that you fell into my arms in Portland, is the very moment that you fell into my heart. The very first time that I laid eyes on you, I knew that you would always be forevermore the most important person in the world to me. And you are detka, you are the most important anything and everything in the whole world to me. You have given me five beautiful children." (my love, baby)

I looked to our children who were all sitting on the front row and my Roza turned and looked at them too, with a living smile on her face.

Looking back into the eyes of lyubov' moya I continued with my vows. "In the beginning of our relationship we had a difficult time of things. And for the most part it just got worse and worse until you came back to court. But no matter how difficult things got for us or how stupid I acted, I never once stopped loving you detka. You have done so many great things in not only my life and the lives of our children, but also in the lives of all of our people. I plan to spend my entire eternity with you my Roza, with you in my heart and in my arms. Detka, I love you more than there are words in any language to say. I love you even more than there are stars in the sky. When our time on this Earth is done, I want us to end our time here, in each other's arms. I don't ever want to spend an hour, much less an entire day away from you my Roza. So, I have a question for you detka. Will you spend your eternity with me milaya moya?" (my love, baby, baby, my dearest)

"Yes, of course I will." She whispered. And shockingly enough everyone applauded.

"Your majesty, as the bride it is now your turn to say your vows."

She nodded and turned back to me with a smile.

"Tovarishch moy..."

I couldn't help but smile when she called me 'my Comrade' in Russian.

"I remember the very first time that I ever laid eyes on you. Even there in the dark of night, I could see that you were the most beautiful man that I had ever seen. And you still are baby. That is the night that I fell, quite literally, head over heels in love with you."

A few others and I, that knew what she was referring to, laughed.

"That night when you caught me in your arms I knew... I knew that you would forevermore be the most important person in my life. And other than our children you still are, and you always will be. We have been through some very difficult times in our relationship over the years, and I hope that we don't have any more to come. In years past, when I would close my eyes and try to picture my future, all I would see is a sad, short, lonely. painful and darkness filled life. One without the blessing of love and only biding my time until I died. Probably young, for someone who did not appreciate nor deserve any of the sacrifices that I had already made for her. And would most definitely not appreciate that I would give my life for her. But now, when I close my eyes and look towards the future. What I see is a life filled with love, laughter, happiness, joy and many more children to come. From our very first meeting; my love for you has never faltered, it has never lessened, it has never waned, and I have absolutely no doubt that it never will. You have always been and will always be the reason that my heart beats, my lungs breath and the reason that the sun rises and sets. You are the reason that I am able to open my eyes with a happy heart now my love. My love for you grows by leaps and bounds every single day, dorogoy moya. So, I ask you the same question, will you spend the rest of your eternity with me milaya moy?" (my darling, my dear)