Chapter 50

"And let me ask you again, just so that the jury is clear on this point. She said all of this to an eight year old child?" Rufus asked.

"Yes."

He turned to look first at the jury, and then he turned to Tasha. While he looked at her he shook his head in disgust, before saying, "completely disgusting."

And it was more than obvious, that those who were watching the trial agreed one hundred percent with him. Just as I did.

Turning his attention back to Dimitri he asked him his next question. "What happened after that?"

"She somehow got into my dorm room at St. Basil's one night but thankfully my best friend Ivan Zeklos had stayed over that night. Because he had fallen and hit his head pretty hard a few hours before curfew. So, I needed to look after him during the night just to make sure that it wasn't serious and that he didn't fall into a coma as he slept."

Rufus nodded along with Dimitri's testimony.

That was something else that should never have happened. If the doctor or headmaster at St. Basil's were worried about Ivan falling into a coma. Then they should have kept him in the infirmary instead of tasking a student to both try to sleep himself and take care of another student. That was so wrong, because Dimitri has just been a child himself. And I know that they did that just to keep a moroi from having to do it themselves.

As much as I like Ivan, Dimitri shouldn't have had to take care of him that way. It wasn't his responsibility to do something like that at such a young age. But, I was also glad that Ivan had been there that night to keep Tasha away.

"And then?"

"When I was home, on the weekends that she came there with my sister, I started locking my bedroom door and putting a chair underneath the door knob just to keep her out of my room."

"And then?"

"After doing that for about a month she cornered me, again on the back porch of my family home. She was very angry that I was locking my door to keep her out and she told me that if I didn't let her in the next weekend that I would regret it."

"Did she say how?"

"She said that when she got back to school that she would make accusations of molestation against my mother."

Again, with the gasps.

"And if that didn't work then she would do to my family the very same thing that she had set in motion to be done to her brother and sister in law."

"And you were still eight years old?"

"No, I had just turned nine."

"But she was still fifteen?"

"No, by then she had turned sixteen two months before."

Rufus continued to question Dimitri about each and every single count of attempted molestation and inappropriate touching that had been filed until it was time to break for lunch.

On our walk back to our office I tried to talk to my fiancé.

"Babe, are you ok?"

He sighed, "I don't really know detka. Every time that I think about someone doing to our children what that suka did to me. I want to skin the imagined person alive and then filet the meat from their bones before I dump them into a vat of battery acid." (baby, bitch)

 I always knew that we think alike. 

"I can completely understand that impulse lyubov' moy. Is there anything that I can do to help?" (my love)