Chapter 49

(HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL OF MY WONDERFUL READERS. I HOPE THAT YOU ENJOY THE DAY & THAT IT IS FILLED WITH LOVE.  HERE IS YOU AN EXTRA CHAPTER IN HONOR OF THIS LOVING HOLIDAY. THE PERFECT ROMITRI HOLIDAY !!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️)

Roza looked at me and I knew that she didn't want to punish him anymore than I did because he had done a great thing and owned up to what he had done wrong. Instead of doing what a lot of children and even more than a few adults would have done and just lied and said, 'I don't know'.

Our children were just like their beautiful mother had been ever since we met, far to mature for their age. But I think that this time it was because they were purebred dhampir instead of it being because they had no choice but to grow up far to soon, like my Roza had had to.

"How about instead of an actual punishment we just remember to never use fire in the house unless your mother and I say so. And outside only if there is another responsible adult or two with you."

He nodded, "ok papa."

He leaned up and hugged Roza and I both at the same time. Once he sat back down in Roza's lap she wiped the remainder of his little tears away and kissed the top of his head.

"Now, jump back into your chair and finish your dinner." Lyubov' moya said to our son. He smiled nodded and quickly did as he had been told. (my love)

Once Roza and I had returned to our seats I felt the both of us sigh because our son was safe and unharmed. As the fear for him very slowly subsided, for the moment anyway. As we calmed I squeezed my soon to be wife's hand reassuringly.

For the next four days witness were called, questioned and cross examined. Cerci was released from the hospital with a clean bill of physical health. After resting for another day, she began her new job as Alberta's part time assistant and her therapy sessions.

On the afternoon of day six of the trial, Lord Rufus came to mine and Roza's office, in the old palace after court.

"You needed to see us Lord Rufus?" I asked.

"Yes, your majesties. I wanted to let you know that tomorrow I will be calling yourself, King Dimitri, to the stand. And if all goes well then either tomorrow afternoon or the next day I will be calling on you Queen Rosemarie."

Roza and I both sighed, "well we both knew that this was coming sooner or later. But we would like to thank you for the forewarning Lord Rufus."

"You are welcome your majesty. I know that testifying to the things that the former Lady Ozera tried to do to you as a child are going to be an extremely difficult task for you. But I want you to know that I will do my best to be a gentle as I can possibly be. I can't say the same for the defense, because I don't know what he is going to do."

"I understand Lord Rufus and thank you again."

"You are welcome your majesty. Well, I need to go prepare for court tomorrow." He bowed his head to Roza and I before he left.

And just as we had been warned, the next morning I was the first witness called by the prosecution.

"I call his majesty King Dimitri Tristen Colby Belikov to the stand." Rufus said.

"Your majesty, would you mind taking the witness stand?"

"Of course, Guardian Croft."

"No, don't make my Dimka spread her lies!!! He loves me!!! Don't make him have to lie for her!!!" Tasha screamed and started trying to make her way to the dais but the guardians stopped her cold and chained her to her chair.