Chapter 5

When he was again standing in front of me my father said, "I am so proud of you kizim and again thank you for doing this. I know that you are scared and worried but you will make the most amazing queen that our world has ever known." (my daughter)

Then I was surrounded by the people who were not only my biological family, but also those that had become my emotional family.

"Thank you all so much. I don't know how I would be able to do any of this without all of you."

"You are an amazing woman Thorn. You always have been; you will do just fine." Donnie said.

"Thanks Donnie." 

I looked at my father again. "Now what do I do?"

"Now, we all need to get our cloaks on, we will be landing in a few minutes. Now, when we land no one cloaked can speak. Richard, when someone asks questions you will be the one to answer them."

"Yes, sir."

"All guardians surround Rose. Adrian, Mia, Chris and Sonya stay covered and quiet but a little away from Rose. So that no one gets her mixed up with any of you as no one will be able to see any of our faces. Also, keep your hands hidden."

The fasten seat belt light came on and the captain announced that we were coming around to make our landing.

My hands shook but my baba saw it and took my hand in his in a show of trust, solidarity and love. "It will be fine kizim, just take a deep breath." (father, my daughter)

I did as he said, but my nerves still made my stomach roll.

Too soon, as far as I was concerned, we were on the ground and taxiing down the runway. "I think I am going to be sick." I whispered to my father.

"You are royalty Rose, just take a deep breath, in through your nose and out through your mouth, and make all of them respect you. They may not all like you, but you force them to respect you."

"You are right baba, thank you. I don't know what I would do without you." (daddy)

"That is something that you will not have to worry about for a very long time to come kiz bebek." (baby girl)

"Did you talk to mom?"

"Yes, and I will say that she is less than a little pleased with me."

"Did you tell her she has to retire?"

"Yes, she will be joining us sometime within the next few days. She has already put in her resignation but there will be more paperwork for her to fill out once she gets to court. And she promised that she will be at your coronation. She actually said, 'Satan and all his minions couldn't make me miss that.' Then he laughed hysterically.

I laughed with him, "thank you again, baba." (daddy)

"Nothing to thank me for little girl, that is what fathers are for." After that we stopped talking. Everyone already knew what they were supposed to do so there was no need for more words.

Richard, Mishka, Donnie, Ben and Eddie exited first. Then my father, who waited at the bottom of the stairs for me with his hand out to help me off the stairs. Once I was down I was surrounded by my four present guardians.

Richard being the only one without a cloak, Dimitri walked up to him. "I am the princess's head guardian Dimitri Belikov. Which one is Princess Ivashkov?" 

Richard pointed at me and Dimitri walked over to me. "Princess Ivashkov." 

He bowed so gracefully, just like he does everything else. I will still never understand how someone who is as tall as he is could possibly be so graceful at everything.