Chapter 20

I rolled my eyes because there was no way in ad that I would ever forget anything about that trip. Not when that was the trip that I had almost lost my Roza on and I told her so. (hell)

"Yes Roza, I am not likely to forget anything that happened during those two weeks because I almost lost you on that trip, lyubov' moya. So, nothing about it will ever escape my memory." (my love)

She lay down on my chest, with her chin resting on her folded hands, that were resting right over my heart. Looking up at me through her sinfully long and dark lashes she began her story. "Well, the day after the fight, while you were on shift I was skiing with the Eddie and Mason. I was at the top of the slope about to begin my decent when Tasha walked up to me and tried to compel me."

"What did she say to you exactly?"

"Well, as I said she tried to compel me. I pretended that the compulsion had worked while I really just listened to what she had to say for a while just to see what she would say. But she tried to tell me that I was ruining not only your career but also your life. She said that having your life tied to mine in any way, even just professionally, was ruining your career. She said that because of my reputation I was dragging you down to my level. She said that I was taking away your one chance of being a father which is what you have always wanted. What you wanted more than anything else in the whole world. She said that if you and I were to ever get together that you would be sent to jail. And that if I truly cared anything whatsoever about you that I would just jump off the cliff and end your pain and suffering. Let your career recover from the damage that knowing me had already done to it, let you be free to be with someone more appropriate than a stupid, immature, slutty, teenage, little blood whore, a pathetic little nothing dhampir. She said that people would always look down on you, and that no one would ever want a guardian who had been involved with another dhampir. Especially with my reputation." 

Her eyes lowered from mine, "that as long as I was alive... you were damaged goods because you knew me."

"That repugnant suka!!!! That's why you said what you did on the roof isn't it?" (bitch)

"Partly, but mostly it was because I realized that she was right. I wanted you to have everything that you had ever dreamed of and at the time I didn't think that I had anything to offer you. I knew, or I thought I knew, that I could never give you the children that you longed so desperately for. I knew that I was in fact taking away your chance to be the father that you'd always longed to be. I thought that I was just some silly little school girl who had fallen head over heels in love with her mentor. A mentor who was better off without me putting his life, career, his chance to be a father and future at risk. I saw and heard the way people thought about me and I didn't want to ruin your life and bring you down with me."

"What utter bred sivoy kobyly!!! Roza, knowing you, being with you, loving you has not hurt my life or career. You have made everything about my life more bearable, happier, more full of life and love. She better hope that I don't ever see her again or I will kill her. How dare she say those disgusting zhopa things to you?! What in the ad is it with people treating you like that?!! Just who in the ad do they think they are?! First, there was Jesse, Ralph and Mia who thankfully turned into one of your closest friends. Then Victor Dashkov, Tasha and Lissa. Then there was the worst of all... me..." (bullshit, ass, hell, hell)

"Stop, right there. We are forgetting everything that happened between us from the time that we closed the door of the cabin until I came back to court this week."

I started to protest but she again stopped me by laying a finger over my lips. God, she is sooo sexy.

"Do you understand me? Or do I have to make it a royal order?" She smirked at that last part.