Rose Tinted

POV Alana.

I walked down the hall's with my rose tinted glasses on and a broad smile. It's been three whole weeks without Bo and I getting into an argument. Much hasn't changed aside from him doing all he could to reassure me I was the only women in his world. Which was surprisingly reassuring. He even had a girl with an obvious alternate motive walk up to him in the hall asking about the dates for the homecoming dance coming up. He didn't even know I was in the crowed of people passing in the hall when he flat out denied her. He told the girl he was seeing someone and just turned around walking to his class. My heart fluttered seeing this.

I practically skipped to my next period an odd pep to my stride as I strut down the hall my head held high. I'm never this comfortable in large groups of people. I usually hang my head and quickly walk along the sides of the hall to my class. I sat down in my AP calculus class getting out my textbook and notebook. I twirled my pencil absentmindedly through my fingers looking out the window a dazed smile on my face. I could tell today was going to be a good day. Bo and I are on more than good terms, Aya and the boy she meet during summer vacation finally got together last week, and I got my interims the other day having all satisfactory in every class.

I resisted the urge to dance when we got back our quiz scores from last week and I had an 89%. That test was hard as fuck so yes I was very proud of my B+. The bell rang a few minutes later and I walked down the halls to go pick Aya up on my way to lunch like I do every day.

"Uh hey is it cool if we talk for a moment?" As I waited outside her door a heard a meek voice speak up from behind me. I turned around my impossibly wide smile faltering slightly as I took in Ivan's appearance.

"Uh sure." I said apprehensively. I had totally forgotten about him. I didn't mention him to Bo or get any further information from Aya. I bit my lip nervously. Bo usually comes down this hall to meet up with me before lunch. I should just tell this guy I have to go. I planned to as soon as Aya comes out I will tell him I have to make up a test or something.

"I was just wondering if you have plans this weekend?" The words sent a wave of fear and unease through me.

"Actually I do." I started. "My boyfriend and I are celebrating our 8 month anniversary." I thought maybe the mention of Bo would scare him off but it only seemed to... provoke him? Wait what? His eyes darkened slightly a lazy lopsided grin on his lips as he towered over me. He might even be taller than Bo.

"Ah that's too bad." He reached out tucking a lock of hair behind my ear. I quickly swatted his hand away and backing up. My face contorted with anger as I opened my mouth too tell him off only to quickly snap it shut upon hearing a loud bang. Without warning Bo ran up to Ivan grabbing the boy by the collar of his shirt and punching him square in the jaw. My eyes widened with horror as Ivan tried desperately to fight back Bo pinning him to the lockers punching him again. I almost gagged when I noticed the blood trickling from Ivan's nose. Oh god... oh god oh god!

"Alana!" I heard Aya scream but I couldn't will myself to move completely petrified by what was happening less than two feet away. I've never seen such a hatful look in Bo's eyes it's utterly terrifying. Aya quickly pulled me back by my forearm. I stumbled slightly noticing the swarm of people gathering. Teachers screamed as they tried to work through the dense crowds the guys still going at it. They were on the ground now I assumed seeing as I couldn't see them over the horde of people. Aya spun me around a deep frown on her face. She wiped tears I didn't know had fallen from my damp cheeks.

"Come on let's go." She grabbed my hand swiftly leading me away from the screams. I looked back to see three teachers holding Bo back a fourth walking Ivan to the office. I wanted to comfort him and confront him. Yes some might see it as romantic having a man that's willing to fight for them but didn't he trust me? I was about to tell Ivan to piss off which wouldn't have gotten anyone suspended. But I let Aya drag me off toward the bathroom where she wet a paper towel ringing it out and gently rubbing my forehead and cheeks. I sighed gratefully as the cool napkin came into contact with my flushed face. I let out a bitter laugh earning a confused glance from Aya.

"And here I was thinking today was going to be a good day."