Finally Free

POV Bo.

I needed out of this town. There are to many familiar faces and temptations here. I wanted to start fresh a clean slate new place somewhere I can play music and make people laugh. So for the past few years I'd saved up all the money I could and on my 21st birthday I finally had enough to buy a bus ticket out of here and pay a few months rent at this shitty apartment a few states over. It's a big city with plenty of people. I could work a part time job and spend the rest of my time writing music.

The day before my bus was schedule to leave Luca invited me over to his house to throw a two man going away party. Turns out he wanted to give me his keyboard. He told me he never used it and it could be a belated birthday present. There was even a case that made lugging the awkward thing around a lot easier.

When I'd finally moved in the keyboard was literally the only thing of value I owned aside from my phone. I didn't pack much not that I had much to pack. Blankets, pillow, cloths, food, dishes. I honestly might as well be camping. For the first night I slept on the carpeted floor and woke up the next morning with back pains and a crick in my neck. Yay...

I went out applying for every opening I could find from a sign spinner to a shelf stocker at Walmart. Soon I got a respond from a small coffee shop a few blocks away. The interview went well and I start this upcoming Monday. I have to work the opening shift with some girl which would be fine if I didn't have to be there by 5:30 in the fucking morning. Holy hell these people are crazy. But it has decent pay so I can't complain considering I'm broke.

I used the little money I didn't have reserved for rent to buy food and cloths leaving myself a few hundred for any emergency. Other than that... I'm finally free.