5:00 am

POV Alana.

I groaned as my bedroom door was open a thin stream of light pouring in.

"Morning bitch." I hear Aya giggle from the doorway. I rolled onto my back grabbed a pillow from the other side of the bed and with as much force and accuracy as half awake me could muster I chucked it in her general direction. With an unsatisfying thud it hit the wall next to her falling to the floor. She simply laughed shutting the door behind her. I don't even have to look to know the time because I know it is 5 o'clock Monday fucking morning. This women is mad. Now in my third year of collage and having lived with Aya for all three of them I've noticed a few things. Like how she'll eat my cereal or barrow my flip flops when she's running to the store. But most of all the way she's made a habit out of coming into my room every single Monday morning without fail and giggling the same 'morning bitch' successfully waking me long before I had to go to work or attend any classes.

But I can complain too much. Quirks and all she's an amazing roommate and I couldn't imagine living with anyone else honestly. I slowly sat up stretching my arms and legs out. I rubbed my face as I flung the covers back clumsily stepping out of bed. I brush through the door a deep frown on my lips as my feet scuffed the hardwood floor all the way into the kitchen

"Aww did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" Aya cooed sarcastically as I opened the pantry grabbing my favorite cereal out. I looked over my shoulder at her glaring harshly as she giggled. Not in the mood to have a staring contest I knew she'd win I simply stuck my tongue out at her making a rather unattractive sound before dragging my feet to the fridge.

"I'll see you at lunch." She waved as she stepped out of the kitchen to put her shoes on. I grabbed out our half empty gallon of milk waving the box of cereal.

"See ya." I mumbled setting the milk and cereal down to grab a bowl and spoon. Opening the box of cereal I topped it over two Cheerios tumbling out. The fuck?! This isn't even a box of Cheerios! I was lost for a moment until I heard the front door creak open.

"Aya!" I fumed slamming the box down.

"Love you!" She shouted slamming the door shut locking it behind herself. Damn it! Rolling my eyes I settled for two cereal bars and a cup of orange juice. I usually waited until ten minutes before I was expected to be at work before getting ready but I was feeling unusually productive today and decided to hope in the shower now.

When I was finished washing up dancing and singing along to Gorillaz new album Humanz I stepped into my room. I got dressed in a yellow t shirt that had the word 'vulgar' printed in black swirly letters and black skinny jeans. It is late summer so I didn't bother with a jacket simply grabbing my phone and purse before walking out the door.