Forte

POV Alana.

I cringed sucking in a sympathetic breath as he clumsily feel to the floor trying to grab for something to catch himself only for nothing to be there. He groaned laying sprawled out on the ice floor for a moment. I slowly slid over to him my knees ticked to my chest as I came to a stop next to him.

"You okay?" I bit my lip holding back a laugh as I looked over him. He glared at me before rolling his eyes. Okay so ice skating isn't his forte. Noted.

"No." He grumbled sitting up and rubbing his lower back. "I'm cold my pants are wet and my ass hurts." He grumbled trying to stand up only to fall back again.

"You can't just stand up." I laughed rising to my feet. He gave me a 'what the fuck' look and I rolled my eyes holding a hand out. "One foot at a time so you can balance yourself." He begrudgingly took my hand and I helped him stand up. He wobbled a few times but I caught him. Still holding his hands in mine I began to slowly skate backwards.

"What are you doing?" He shouted a panicked look in his eyes as I dragged him along with me.

"Stop kicking your feet back so much." I ordered disregarding his question.

"You better not let me go." He growled. I laughed leading him around the rink a few time. "So how did you pick up ice skating?" He said looking down at his feet and studying the way I moved mine.

"When we got here Aya saw this cute instructor that works here and forced me to start taking lessons with her." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Cute instructor huh." He took a moment to glance around before his eyes quickly returned to our skates. I chuckled at his clear concern.

"Yeah. He's not really my type though." I could have teased him further but I quickly decided to put his worry to rest. "Plus they've been dating for almost two years now so liking him would be against girl code." He let out a relived sigh that I'm 80% sure I wasn't supposed to hear the corners of his lips quirking up in an adorable smile.

"Yeah?" Was all he said as we continued around the rink me pulling him. After a moment I let go of his hands speeding up and putting a bit of distance between us. He tripped almost falling before he caught himself.

"What did I tell you?!" He shouted his body tensing as he held his hands out awkwardly. "You had one job!" He laughed anxiously.

"Come here." I said coming to a complete stop. His jaw unhinged dramatically.

"Skate over to you? After falling on my ass like twenty time." He said looking down at his feet still slowly gliding forward. He pushed off of one foot lightly slowly moving toward me. Well it's better than nothing.

"Yup." I said holding my hands out welcomingly. He glanced at me before looking down at his feet and pushing off a bit harder. When he was about a foot away reaching for my hands I scooted even further back. He gapped at me as I slid to a stop.

"Hurry up." I teased faking a disinterested yawn. He shook his head grumbling something under his breath as he began to scoot towards me. He quickly grabbed my hands not giving me time to back away not that I planed to. In his effort to quickly snatch my hands up he lost his balance tumbling to the ice taking me with him. He wrapped his arms around me taking the brunt of the fall with a loud thud and a breathless gasp.

"Sorry." I giggled despite it not being my fault. He just sighed keeping his arms around me. I lifted myself up slightly looking down at him. I smiled moving a lock of dirty blond hair from his face. Curiosity and amusement danced in his deep blue eyes. "Kiss me?" I said my words sounding more like a question than a demand like I'd intended. A smile pulled at his lips as he propped himself up on his elbows. My eyes fluttered shut as he pressed his lips to mine. Tilting my head to the right I wrapped my fingers around the nap of his neck pulling him closer to me. I felt goosebumps rise on the back of his neck but I couldn't tell if that was because he was cold or because my hand was there. Warmth swelled in my chest when I pulled away meet with his radiant smile. Good lord. He leaned forward pecking my lips one last time before sitting up.

"Let's get off the floor I'm freezing." My face heated as I climbed off his lips standing up. We didn't skate much after that since we left soon after. He held my hand as he walked me home.

"So when will I get to hear some of your music?" I asked swinging our intertwined fingers between us. With his free hand he anxiously scratched the back of his neck.

"I'm not sure if you'll be into the kind of stuff I write..." his voice trailed off as he stared tentatively down at the sidewalk. I cuddled closer to him as a gust of autumn wind blew down the street. Summer went by so fast with Bo around.

"Ah shut up I'll love it." I playfully punched his arm giving my best attempt at reassurance. He plays his music for random strangers at the subway and even Aya has heard him sing a verse or two. So why is he so reluctant to sing for me? He smiled he cheeks flush from the cold breeze.

"Soon." I'll take it! From what Aya said his songs are really funny and I'm excited to hear them but if he's not ready to show me then I won't push it. As long as I get to hear them at some point. I just smiled continuing to swing our hands.