6'5 Lamp Post

POV Bo.

I'd been working on a song called 'Sad' for a while now and this Saturday had the odd desire to play it for someone. So I went to the subway people passing constantly and set up my keyboard and my notebook with all my lyrics. Though I've memorized them already you can never be to careful. When I started playing I turned a few heads. People didn't start stoping until I had started singing. They gave me odd looks at first not understanding what I was doing. By the end I'd gathered a small crowed all laughing hysterically making pride swell in my chest. A few people even dropped some money in my keyboard case which I didn't intend. This was just for fun but I appreciated it none the less.

I played 'Eat A Dick' and 'Kill Yourself' and for the most part people loved it. Sure there were a few not into my type of humor but that just how it is. I ended the day 17 dollars and 39 cents richer. I packed everything up and left only now realizing how hard it was pouring outside. I began to jog home in the haze of rain falling in heavy sheets.

I skidded to a stop when I heard a mangled whimper emit from a dimly lit ally. I know it's stupid to go investigate but... I never said I was smart. I followed the sound finding a scraggly dog leaning against a brick wall completely exposed to the rain. He was extremely thin like a gust of wind could blow him away thin. When he saw me he chocked out another strangled whimper. My heart broke upon seeing the poor mutt. My brows farrowed as I stood drenched in the frigid rain thinking. Eventually I let out a sigh setting my keyboard case down to pick the dog up. I put him on the back of my neck his front and back paws on either side of my head. Using one hand to carry my case and the other to hold his limp mutt securely I began to jog again back to my apartment. Yes I got odd looks being a 6'5 lamp post holding a scraggly dog on his shoulders running down the sidewalk. But I mean I couldn't just leave him.

When I got back inside I dried the poor thing off and gave him some food with a fresh bowl of water. I pet the side of his face scratching behind his ear. My brows farrowed slightly as he leaned into my touch. He seems... familiar. I thought for a while before my eyes widened.

"Tilly!" I shouted causing him to jump letting out an excited bark. He looks almost exactly like Tilly. Aside from the fact that Tilly's fur was much lighter but still brown non the less. Wow I haven't seen Tilly since Alana and I... I shook my head riding myself of the thought. I can't think about her again.

"Tilly Jr. how does that sound?" He lifted his head resting his chin on my knee begging for attention. I smiled affectionately at him scratching the top of his head.