Official

POV Bo.

I wanted to make my question official. I've never been good with this kind of stuff. I wanted to do something special and unforgettable but nothing was coming to mind. I even went as far as to ask Aya and Ivan for help coming up with ideas. But they both had the same answer.

'It doesn't have to be some big event. She doesn't care about how you ask or how flashy the show you put on is.'

At the time I didn't appreciate this answer. But the more I thought about it the more I realized they are right. Alana won't care how I ask just that I asked. She won't say no simply because I didn't hire a mariachi band or write her name in the sky. So I decided to make the moment intimate something romantic and personal. I took her out to eat at her favorite restaurant and then we went for a walk on the beach. I couldn't even hear what she was saying I was so anxious. I gripped the small black box in my pocket trying to figure out exactly what I wanted to say and how.

"Alana." I finally chocked out doing my best not to overthink things like I seem to do more often then I'd thought. She paused turning to me. A concerned look crossed her face as she noticed my nervous expression.

"What's up?" She asked her brows farrowed. I took a deep breath swallowing hard before pulling my hands and the box from my pockets. She gasped as I dropped to one knee and held the small box out in my hands. I could barley look up at her I was so anxious. Her hands moved to cover her moth as I popped open the box revealing a simple diamond ring. The same ring my father gave my mother when they got married.

"Will you marry me?" I asked stumbling over the question. Her eyes glossed over with tears. Please tell me that's because she's happy and not because she's sad I don't have a damn mariachi band!

"Yes." She nodded her head smiling so wide a few tears traced down her cheeks. "Yes you idiot." She laughed grabbing me by the hands and pulling me up. She threw her arms around me pressing her lips to mine. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around her. I can't blame her for crying because even I can feel tears pricking my eyes. She said yes? She said fucking yes! She pulled away leaning her head on my chest. I held her hand out sliding the ring onto her finger smile as it fit perfectly. She sighed examining it for a moment.

"Mis. Burnham." She said before looking up at me. "I like the sound of that." She hummed happily.

"You and me both." My smile widened impossibly. This all feels so surreal. The weight of everything began to sink in a warmth overwhelming me. It's finally official.