THIRTEEN

"All you have to do, is walk into her hotel, and we'll get you a room there, and then come out tomorrow morning in the same clothes. What's the problem?" The suit cladded manager asked, completely calm, but Harry could hear the anger in his voice.

"The problem is that this is a lie. The problem is what its insinuating about me. That's not who I am." Harry barked back. "You don't have to actually sleep with her; we just want people to think so." He sipped on his coffee, completely oblivious to Harry's feelings. Harry was growing more furious by the moment. "You agreed to all of this Harry. Don't get angry at us." He spoke cockily and Harry had just about had it.

"That's because YOU threatened me! You said that if I came out it would ruin the band. You told me that we'd be ruined if I didn't do this. I am not doing this for anyone else but the band. So you better. Back. Off. Before I give in and hurt someone." He was now leaning over the desk, his face close to the now scared man. "H-harry-" He stuttered before standing and taking a few steps back, gaining distance from the upset alpha. "It's out of your control, the bosses have planned it, and I am simply giving the message. I'm sorry" He looked terrified and Harry's features softened. He was right; it wasn't this guy's fault. "Too cowardly to tell me themselves." He spat through gritted teeth.

The business man ran out of the room. Harry slumped down into his chair with a huff. He heard the door open and he looked up. The new young employee that helped Harry out was pulling out a chair, Harry thinks his name was Ben. "Hey Harry, how are you holding up?" He asked calmly. Harry tried to take deep breathes. "I've been better. Is there anything else I should know?" He asked the Ben, who took out an iPad. He glanced up from the screen, "Well. It seems that after the publicity stunt today, you have another, in just two days. Though, it's not like this one. You two will be going out in public; on a 'date'." He put air quotations around the word 'Date'. "You'll be in New York by then." He added, and sat back, letting Harry soak it all in.

Harry couldn't do anything; He wanted to leave, so he did. "I'll text you when you have to leave for the hotel!" Ben yelled as he walked out of the building, trying not to slam the new glass door that's replacing the one that he broke during his last visit here.

**

Harry and the boys have just finished another interview. It was quite boring; they just said the same old things they always do.

He was escorted to the car by security, it was about 5:00pm, and all Harry wanted to do was sleep. He knew he had to stay at the hotel with Taylor tonight. He wondered how she felt about all of this. She's a successful country singer, why does she possibly need the publicity? She was big in her genre of music, she's young, beautiful and she's doing well on the charts. Harry couldn't figure it out.

His thoughts were stopped when he the car came to a halt. It stopped outside the hotel, but not the hotel that Harry stayed at last night with the boys, a different hotel, though just as fancy. He assumes this is where Taylor is staying.

He can see the paparazzi everywhere, he know that management would have put in an anonymous call. But he wonders why they all care so much, though it is their job.

He takes a deep breath before he gets out of the car. He is instantly bombarded with questions and microphones and flashing cameras.

"Harry are you dating Taylor Swift?"

"How long has this been going on for Harry?"

"How do your band mates feel about this?"

"What will be the name of your break up song?"

Harry finally got inside the room; he couldn't help but smirk at the last question he heard. Though he felt sad once again when he remembered another question, 'how do your band mates feel about this?' Harry wish he could figure out a way to let them know, without making things complicated.

He sulked over to the front desk, making sure the cameras couldn't see him, "Room for Harry Styles?" He sighed, the lady smiled, giving him his keys and directions. He stood in the elevator, in silence.

Once of stopped he heard fumbling and muttering from a distance, his brows knitted together in curiosity. He made his way to his room, and he saw, in the distance, a leggy blond with shopping bags all up her arms struggling to get her door unlocked.

"Can I help you?" He asked as he approached the woman. She turned to face him and he instantly recognised her. Taylor Swift. "Oh, hi Harry, that'd be great thanks." She smiled at him. She passed him the key and he unlocked the door. "Here, let me carry something" Harry told, rather than asked, sliding most of the bags off her arms, carrying them inside. "Just put them on the table, thanks." She sighed

Harry placed the bags on the table and turned to face Taylor. "Thank you so much Harry. That was awfully sweet of you" she smiled, "Would've done it for anyone" he shrugged modestly. They stood in an awkward silence for a few moments before Taylor spoke.

"Do you want to stay and chat? I mean, might as well get to know each other, under the circumstances." She chuckled awkwardly. "Sure" Harry smiled politely. It's not like he had anything else to do.

**

"So, why do YOU need the publicity? I thought everything was going alright with you?" Harry asked, he and Taylor had been getting to know each other, just the basics anyway.

"I could ask you the same thing" she smirked, taking a sip of her coffee. "Well I asked first" Harry smiled back, she wasn't all that bad, but she was a little flirty.

"Well I'm trying to move from the country scene to the pop scene. My new album, Red, will be coming out soon, its more pop as well. I guess my team thought dating a pop star would help." She used her hands a lot when she spoke, Harry noticed. "And how about you, Harry Styles" She playfully nudged his arm, he internally rolled his eyes.

"I uh, my management-" he mumbled and looked up at her face, she was awaiting his answer, and he sighed. It doesn't look like he's getting out of this one. "They're trying to cover up my sexuality" he blushed and watching her expression change. "Oohh" she exaggerated, crossing her legs.

"Well, that's a shame" she winked at him. "But in all seriousness, they shouldn't be able to control you like that." She frowned. "You're telling me" Harry sighed.

SideNote:
Sorry for the late update guys, I've just been so unmotivated. :/
(Image on the side is Harry arriving at the hotel, minus the duffel bag.)

PUBLISHED~27/MAY/2017