TWENTY EIGHT

The boys all stared at the Liam and Zayn and wondered what was going on, but Niall being Niall, decided he'd make things awkward. "What's going on here?" He asked and Liam looked down at the beta and sighed. "Well, you see..." Liam began, scratching the back of his neck. "We're fucking." Zayn intervened. Which gained the response of all four heads turning his way; and he simply shrugged. "Is it really that hard to believe?" He scoffed at their reactions, and Niall was the first to shrug, "Guess not, can't believe you beat these two to it though" He gestured toward Louis and Harry gaining a chuckle from Harry and an offended gasp from Louis. 

**

Harry was eventually called back into the recording booth, to which he complied in discontent, having to leave Louis. He lifted the omega from his lap and sat him back down on the couch, furrowing into his neck for one last inhale of his scent, leaving a gentle kiss in his place. It was one of Harry's favorite things to do to Louis, to hear his breath hitch at the sensation of Harry' lips lingering over the spot on his neck that was awaiting a mating mark. And each time it became harder for Harry to leave it bare. The two hadn't yet done anything sexual, wanting to take things slow. Though the two would be lying if they said it wasn't a struggle.  

Though all that aside, they had all finished their last vocal recording for the album, they felt a huge wave a relief and pride wash over them. They made their way back to the hotel, most of the boys trying to spend as much time with Zayn as possible, not knowing how long this visit would last. So in the car Louis and Niall had sandwiched the beta and were asking him all sorts of questions while Harry and Liam sat in the back having a talk of their own.

"So why did you tell us Gigi was your mate?" Louis asked, he couldn't help the bruised tone that came through in his voice. Zayn bit his lip, "I had to, once management found about Liam and I, they gave me some options. They knew they couldn't afford to lose Liam, nor could they blackmail him as easily-" And this is where both Harry and Liam tuned into the conversation,
"-I could either come out and 'Ruin the band'" He put air quotations around the words and Harry scoffed. "Or I could 'leave the band' and say i'd found my soulmate." He shrugged and Niall embraced the fellow beta, everyone was silent. 

Harry felt guilty, he knew what Zayn had gone through, and he thinks about how management were assholes to him, and he's an alpha, so they were probably more harsh on Zayn. Harry reached his hand over and sat it on Zayn's shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. Liam gave Harry's side a nudge and gave him a look of warning.

Harry smirked and rolled his eyes at the alpha, tightening his grip on Zayn. Liam's nostrils flared, Harry wasn't used to seeing the alpha so protective. Harry was trying to keep his facial features nutral but it was hard not to chuckle at the situation. And then Liam put his hand on Louis' shoulder in a similar manner, causing the Omega to turn around and Liam giving him a wink. Louis blushed and turned back around and Liam looked to Harry, whose mood had changed. It suddenly wasn't funny anymore. And it was now Liam's turn to laugh.

**

They got back to the hotel suite and all talked about Zayn and Liam, and how they had only been seeing each other a few months before management found out, they'd barely had time to tell the boys at all.

They asked about Zayn's music and his time away from the band, Liam was tense the whole time, but Zayn was rubbing his thigh and maybe he thought that was helping, but in reality it only intensified Liam's tensity.

"Alright boys, if you don't mind, Zayn and I have some talking to do." He spoke as they stood and began to walk to Liam's room, that's when Niall stood up and gasped, causing the two to stop and stare at the beta. "Oh my God! Zayn were you here last week helping Liam with his rut?!" Liam sighed and placed his hand on Zayn's lower back and guided him away, all the while Niall had fallen to the floor in laughter and Zayn was just flipping him off.

SideNote:
Hey guys, just a quick one for the end of the year. Hope you've all had a great year, best wishes for the new year.

PUBLISHED~31/DEC/17