THIRTY ONE

The boys were on their way to their last show of the tour. They four of them sat in the dressing room, they were all a little reminiscent, thinking of all the amazing memories that came from the shows they'd done in the past few months.

They arrived at the stadium in Leeds and were led to their prep room where all their stylists awaited them. Zayn was still with them, seeming a bit clingy with Liam today, though none of the others could figure out why.

Niall was the first to pipe up and say something. They were all ready and had half an hour till they needed to be out. "Boys. What are we going to do after the tour?" He looked around and they were all just exchanging looks at one another. "I assume we're just taking a short break and then we'll be prompting the new album, and them touring for that." Liam shrugged.

"But what if we don't." It was more or a statement than a question. They all looked at him in shock. They knew exactly what he meant, and in different ways, they all all agreed with him, but still, the confusion was present.

"Niall. Are you unhappy in the band?" Louis asked, not being able to hide the hurt in his voice. Niall's face fell and he leapt forward, pulling Louis into a bone crushing hug, feeling awful for even putting such a thought into the small omegas head.

"No Louis, I just mean-" he let Louis go, giving his attention to all four boys again. "Aren't you tired of the constant tours and interviews and promo. It's just become such a routine that it's begining to feel normal to us. But it's still exhausting. I just don't want us to burn out..." He his voice grew softer as he went on, the bravery leaving his voice as he thought that maybe this was all a one-sided thought.

"I understand." Harry added, "It would be nice to take a break" he looked down into Louis eyes, a slight smile on his lips as be pictured just the two of them sitting on a beach somewhere.

Liam looked at Zayn, the two of the sharing a look, Liam wondering if they broke their contract with management, they could be together, no hiding. And Zayn was thinking the exact same thing, smiling happily into his alphas eyes.

Louis looked down at his fingers, fumbling them, "You okay, baby?" He felt Harry's hand on his shoulder and he looked up at the alpha who's eyebrows knitted together in concern. "Yeah I'm fine, I just- If we take a break, I won't see any of you, and I'd miss you all like crazy." He frowned at the thought and Harry pulled him into a hug, not allowing him to see the way he made Niall, Liam and Zayn frown like children.

Harry let Louis go and looked into his eyes, "Lou, you wouldn't be alone, I wouldn't leave your side, and Liam and Niall and even Zayn would always give us a call." He assured.

"'even Zayn'. Thanks man" Zayn mocked with an eye roll and Harry smirked at him when Louis giggled. "You know what I meant" Harry chuckled. And Zayn couldn't help but smirk too.

"Well, this is all hypothetical of course, but would we actually do this? I mean, one direction is all we've ever been, I don't know what I would do with so much time" Liam smiled, and maybe there was a glint of hope in his eyes, but he'd never tell.

"We would be ourselves, Li. We could do whatever we wanted. We have a world of possibilities out there." Niall urged, skipping as if the world he was describing was some magical land.

"I mean, we do deserve a break" Louis added, shyly. And Liam, Niall and Harry all smiled at each other.

"Well we have a week of promo after tonight for the album, and then we're going on our month break. Maybe we can talk to management some time before then?" Liam asked, looking at the other lads for their answers.

They were all just looked around at one another, and shared the same look.

**

The boys all sang their hearts out that night, with the previous conversations still fresh in their minds, knowing that this could be their last performance as One Direction for a while. The songs held extra emotion and tears we're visible in all of their eyes for a majority of the songs.

As the concert came to an end, they looked around at one another and began to give each other hugs.

"Sorry everyone, this is an emotional time, being the last concert of the tour." Niall laughed into the microphone and the crowed erupted, camera flashes coming from everywhere.

"We hope you've had a good night everybody." Liam called out from the mic, "We love you all" Harry added, making the cheers roar louder than they thought possible. "Goodnight!" Louis called and the lights went black.

**

SideNote:
Well, I'm sorry to say, but the story, like all great things; must come to an end. And as hard as it is for me to end it, because it's like my lil baby, I'm so happy with how the whole this has turned out. Now let's pull out the tissues and all cry together.
THE STORY HAS REACHED 80K, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

(P.s. This is NOT the final chapter)

PUBLISHED~24/JAN/2018