TWENTY TWO

Louis was woken up the next morning by his phone alarm going off. He sat up in his bed and yawned. They had a few interviews today, and to be honest, Louis was completely ready for anything they threw at him. Today he felt confident. After coming to the realisation last night that he would try his very best to be more independent.

He got out of bed, feeling a little better about the day ahead than normal. He knew that this wasn't Harry's choice. But he wasn't going to sit around and wait his whole life for him either.

Niall was out in pouring milk into his bowl of cereal when Louis walked out of his room. "Niall! How are you my beautiful friend?" Louis walked up behind Niall, embracing the beta, whose facial expression was puzzled. Louis just had a smile on his face as his rested head on his friends shoulder. Niall completely ignored Louis's question and turned around in the omegas grip, staring at him in confusion, "Are you feeling okay?" He questioned.

"I'm feel fantastic!" Louis smiled brightly at Niall, removing his arms and strutting towards the fridge. Just then Harry walked out. He looked at Niall who was staring at the fridge in bewilderment. Harry tilted his head in confusion and walked into the kitchen to where he could see the fridge. And Louis was bent over, rummaging through the stocked shelves and humming to himself as he did so. He then began to shake his hips to the upbeat tune and Harry felt dirty looking at him.

He pulled away with an orange juice and looked at the two men staring at him. He chuckled to himself. "Now, now, boys, you can look, but you can't touch" he winked at the pair before retreating to his bedroom, closing the door behind him. Harry and Niall looked at one another, sharing the same look of disbelief. Niall then ran towards Louis, leaving his cereal to go soggy. Harry just stood there. He didn't know how to respond to what he'd just witnessed.

Niall walked into Louis's room and he was sitting on the corner of his bed, on his phone taking a sip of his juice. He looked up when he heard the door open and smirked. "Uh Nialler, I suspected you'd pay me a visit" Niall walked over to the bed and sat on the edge, next to Louis. "What is going on? Yesterday you were sad, today you seem over the moon, you've done a complete 180." Niall looked more concerned than Louis thought necessary. He was just in a good mood, what was so wrong with that?

"Niall, last night I had an epiphany. I don't have to be sad. So I decided I'm not going to be. Harry can do what he wants. I'm not waiting around for him." He shrugged and took a sip of his juice. Niall's jaw sat open, and Louis rolled his eyes. "It's better this way" Louis put his hand on Niall's shoulder. Niall sighed, "You've lost it!" He rubbed his temples. "Harry loves you, he TOLD you that. And I know for a fact that you love him too. You can't give up on something like that." Niall exclaimed.

"Well, I don't know about you, Niall, but to be it seems like young Harold may have changed his mind, and that's not my problem anymore. I refuse to be the victim." Louis stood and pulled Niall with him. He dragged him to the door and opened it. "Now if you don't mind, that's all I have to say about the matter" Louis spoke louder than needed, to make sure Harry heard; which he did. Harry popped his head out of his own room just as Niall was being pushed out of Louis' and the door being shut behind him.

"What happened?" Harry asked softly, though there was a sense of urgency in his voice. Niall simply threw his hands up in defence and shook his head, walking into the bathroom. Louis came out once he was dressed and Niall came out of the bathroom a few moments after. The three stood in the lounge room and there was no talking until Harry piped up.

"If any of you wanted to know, Liam had to get a separate suite because he's in rut." Harry rubbed the back of his neck and Niall nodded understandingly. "Ooh, fun!" Louis wiggled his brows and walked towards the door. He was stopped by Harry grabbing onto his bicep tightly, spinning the omega around and looking deep into his eyes.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" He growled, and Louis just scoffed and pushed Harrys hand away. "Relax, I was kidding! I'm going out with friends." And with that he walked out leaving a shocked Harry, and Niall who was trying hard not to laugh.

"Seriously! What is up with him?!" Harry threw his hands up and walked towards his room. "Maybe he got laid?" Niall called, finding it hard not to burst out laughing as he pictured Harry's reaction. Maybe Louis was onto something; Harry needed to be pushed, and if he thought Louis was waiting around for him, nothing would get fixed. Harry needed to think Louis had moved on, so he would fight harder.

SideNote:
Short update, but hey, it's better than nothing! 😜

PUBLISHED~30/AUG/2017