Chapter 16

Jonas muttered silently as he carried Emma's stuff from the car. The damn woman was driving him crazy. Her stubbornness was more than he could handle and he genuinely feared she would drive him insane. When he gave orders he expects them to he carried out, both in his personal life and professional. He had never had a woman who fought him so much. Emma though a breath of fresh air with her defiance and her uncanny ability to challenge him at every step, was working on his last nerve. He didn't know where he stood with her, one minute she is soft and submissive in his hands-like last night, and the next she was this fierce woman who wants to tear his eyes out.

Emma followed him inside with one of her paintings after he had asked her not to carry anything. He was frustrated, he was torn between wanting to grab and yell at her or grab and kiss the hell out of her. He settled for neither. After he took her suitcases upstairs, he came back down to see her standing by the door. Her paintings lean up against the wall by her foot. She was looking around her, twisting her hands, he guessed, nervously. Sighing he went and took her hand in his. Jonas had to remind himself that this was all new to her 'Come and sit down for a minute.' He led her to the living where he placed her gently on the couch 'I want you to be comfortable here Emma. This is your home now.'

'I know...it's just you know happening a little fast.' Jonas had to smile at her little crunched up face 'But I guess I'll just have to get used to it. So where should I put my paintings?'

'Anywhere you want this is your home too. But I don't want you putting them up on your own. You could fall...' Jonas trailed off as the image of her lying face first on the floor, hurt and bleeding. A shiver ran through him. He would have to go back to work soon so he wouldn't have the time to do it. He will call his brothers to come help out and maybe his mom, since his sister had gone to some kind of fashion show. 'Come let me show you around the house.'

Jonas helped her up, much to her annoyance, and led her throughout the house. He took her around the back first to show her the huge garden outside. He pointed to the different rooms such as the game room, his home theatre and bathrooms along the way. 'Wow this is beautiful...' she muttered when they arrived at the back patio. Jonas just shrugged, the different array of flowers not doing anything for him. It had come with the place and he hired gardeners to look after it. He guessed it was a good place to relax, a bench was situated in the middles of the perfectly cut shrubs and well taken care of flowers.

After they finish gazing at the garden he took her upstairs. He told her about the house and when it was built and the previous owners. His house was huge and by the time he finished showing her the second floor he could see that Emma was getting tired 'I'm sorry. Didn't mean to run you down...'

'It's not that really. I'm just bored; the only room I need to remember is the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen.' Jonas chuckled when she giggled, the sound floating around the hall, echoing off the white coated walls. Reverberating through him and providing sweet music throughout his system.

Jonas held her hand as they made their way back down stairs. It felt nice to have her hand in his and he find himself loving the way she gripped it tight. Squeezing here and there in response to something he would say during the tour. Whether she did it consciously or subconsciously, he had occasionally caress the back of his hand. He didn't show any hint that he notice but all through the tour he had been very much aware of it. It always makes it harder to breathe when she started doing it. He wasn't sure what these feeling where but he sure as hell wasn't going to try and unravel them. 'Are you hungry?' he asked when they reached the kitchen.

'Just a snack would be fine.'

Jonas set her on the kitchen stool before moving to the cupboards 'Okay I have Doritos, Cheetos, lays...'