Chapter 38

The next morning Jonas woke up and made his wife breakfast but his plans of her having breakfast in bed was ruined. There she was striding in looking beautiful in her night gown. It was more of a sexy lingerie, made of silk that flowed over her tummy to rest mid-thigh. See through material lined the breast and if he looked close enough he could see her cherry nipples 'Quit staring Jonas,' his eyes snap to her face to see her looking annoyed. Smiling ruefully he went around the island. She was so moody. 'What are you doing up so early anyway?'

Hesitantly he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek. Before he could take her lips she pushed out of his arms. Lately Jonas had to call up on his patience with her and remind himself that she was hormonal. He just didn't know what mood she would be in. Other than her increase paranoia with Ariel, and her emotions running on high, he didn’t have much to complain about. 'I thought I would make you breakfast,' he said gesturing to the oatmeal porridge and egg omelets.

'Thanks.' She muttered as she sat down.

Silence reined and the awkwardness was staring to irritate him 'So when is your next Lamaze class?' he forced out.

She glared at him but didn't answer 'Come on Emma, are you still mad at me? I'm sorry I wasn't there yesterday,'

'It's amazing that you continue to do this,' she muttered shaking her head.

'Do what?'

'Where did you really go yesterday?’ she shook her head as if she already knew the answer. Jonas stiffened ‘You treat Ariel like she's a delicate flower who can do no wrong. I tell you the way she speaks to me and yet you keep her around. I don't understand how you can't believe your own wife.'

Jonas felt his irritation spiked. He was tired of having this conversation 'Oh that's cute. I'm not having this conversation again. Maybe you just misunderstand her. You’re hormonal and overreact to everything...'

'Not everything is caused by my hormones Jonas and I swear if you refer to my feelings as me just being “hormonal” I’m going to punch you in the face.’ Jonas stared at her in surprise. Did she just threated him? ‘Do you know how makes me feel to have her all up in my face? How can you not see how disrespectful that is? Damn you use to sleep with her... '

'For fucks sake Emma, nothing is wrong with friends hanging out.'

Suddenly she looked tired 'Yeah okay. Keep her.' He frowned at her. She looked resigned and instead of being happy that she dropped the subject he hated that she wasn't fighting anymore. Her agreement wasn't genuine after all.

Sighing Jonas left the kitchen and went to get ready for work. When he came back downstairs he heard Emma laughing in the living room. Frowning he walked in and saw she was on the phone 'Yeah Chris, it was fun. Awe I wish I could do it again but it would be too weird now that I'm married...'

'What the hell are you two talking about?' Jonas growled taking the phone from her and ending the call. Emma jumped up and turned on him, fire burning in her eyes 'What the hell is wrong with you!' she yelled before she rushed off.

'Emma! Get back here!' He yelled but she continued to make her way up the stairs. For a long time he stared after her even when she'd long disappeared.

He dropped down on the couch and guilt built inside him the longer he sits there. It seems he was always messing up and why the hell did he just do that? Minutes later he heard her come down the stairs and when he looked up his heart stopped. She had her jacket on, and a carryon bag 'Just where the hell are you going?'

'I’m going to spend the night with your mom, I already called her.' She responded looking emotionless.

Jonas sighed 'Look I'm sorry if I offended you and for grabbing the phone like that. Now go back up stairs and put that bag down'