Chapter 27

Emma woke up stretching and as she was about to roll over, remembered last minute that she was not in her king size bed. With a sigh she slowly got up and made her way into her bed room. Her bed was neatly made, and she wondered if Arlene and Kelly left already. Looking at the time she saw that it was 8:30. It was time for her to get ready.

After she showered and combed her hair, she wrapped the towel around herself and walked out of the bathroom 'Oh!' She almost screamed when she saw William bending over her bed. 'William, you scared me,'

He gave her an apologetic smile 'I'm sorry. I was just leaving you this note. Ah Jonas said to call him immediately.' She grabbed the towel tighter around her when she saw him staring at her-well not at her, at her stomach. He must have caught the movement because he scowled and stamped out of the room.

Sighing with relief, she went and turned the lock on the door. Remembering what he said she picked up the phone and called Jonas. He picked up on the second ring 'Emma,' he sighed with what sounded like relief 'Are you okay?'

Emma rolled her eyes 'Yes I'm fine, just finish showering.' He didn't say anything 'Are you still there?'

'Yeah, when was the last time we had sex? It feels like I'm overdue or something. Did you enjoy your shower?' His breathy voice whispered.

Emma nodded, but quickly remembered he can't see her 'Yeah,' she voice sounded constricted as arousal thickened in her throat, the sudden change in direction throwing her off slightly.

'Are your nipples still tender? Damn what I wouldn't give to have them in my mouth right now...'

'Jonas...'

'Would you be terribly opposed to pinching them right now?’

Emma gasped as felt a new flood of cream between her thighs. She blinked rapidly trying to remove the arousal mist from drowning her 'Not now, your brother is down stairs.' she heard him sigh.

'I'm sorry. You shouldn't have told me about you in the shower. It got me thinking about you naked, and you naked beneath me.' He took a long pause 'Shit and it might be impossible for us to have sex if the doctor prevents it today.' Emma rolled her eyes 'Anyway just wanted to make sure you are well. I'll see you at ten darling, bye,' he hangs up before she could say anything.

Shaking her head, she went back to the bathroom. After she dressed in a light blue blouse that outlines her tummy and a soft skirt, she went down stairs and ate breakfast. William informed her that Kelly and Arlene made it before they left. Tense silent filtered the air as they walked to William's car and it didn't break along the ride 'Emma?'

She jumped, frightened at the sudden call of her name 'Yes?'

'About last night, I said some things that I really didn't mean. I've always wanted a family and I guess I was feeling sad that my brother got what I wanted most. I'm deeply ashamed of myself, especially for implying that Jonas didn't care about you.'

Emma would have agreed with him, that Jonas didn't care for her. But after his early morning confession, about him afraid to lose her, she was sure some feelings lie somewhere in there. And maybe she was looking too deep into it and making it into something it's not, but it was better than nothing. It might not be a declaration of love but it sure as hell made them grew as a couple from where there marriage start.

Suddenly feeling pity for William, she took his hand that was not on the staring wheel 'I'm sorry. You shouldn't worry though. You're young, you will find somebody soon,' he gave her a quite smile 'you are so strange. Plenty of women out there want someone like you. Someone who has a job and a man who wants a family. Where the hell have you been looking dude?' He burst out laughing and she was happy he didn't look so down anymore.