Chapter 31

'Everything is fine, but you must still take it easy.' Emma sighed with relief, gripping the hands of her husband. Jonas grinned down at her as his hands caressed the side of her stomach 'Do you want to know the gender of the twins?'

Emma shook her head no but looked at Jonas silently asking 'I suppose it would be easier if we know. We need to know what clothes to buy, how to decorate the nursery'

'I want it to be a surprise...'

He leaned down and kissed her 'Anything you want darling,'

The doctor proceeded to clean her tummy and Jonas pulled down her blouse. He helped her up and they got ready to leave the doctor’s office. After this it will be routine check-ups and they confirmed the date with Dr. Green 'See you in three weeks,' she said waving as they left the room.

They just walked into the waiting room when Jonas stopped her 'Hold on I forgot to ask the doctor something,' he rushed off before she could say anything. Emma shook her head in amusement as she went to wait by the elevator. She just knew he went back to ask the doctor the sex of the babies. When he returned a few minutes later he was smiling like crazy with eyes glistening in mystery.  But she didn’t ask as they got in the elevator 'Which day would you like to go shopping?'

At the mention of shopping she couldn't help but remember the incident. Dammit, should she tell him to expect a naked picture of her in the media? Or would Jessie and Albert get it before it can be printed? If so Jonas will never have to know. Damn Ariel! She forced a smile 'Whichever day you prefer,'

'When I take a look at my schedule I will let you know. I have a ton of meetings this week.' Emma listened with interest as they made their way to their car. She learned of some of the ventures he was taking on which includes sponsoring some up and coming businesses, renovating dealerships and taking control of companies. How much can this man do?

'I wish I could spend the day with you but I have to get back to work...' He said when they got home. He walked her up the stairs and to the front door.

'Maybe I could tempt you to stay...' she whispered seductively. After making love multiple times the day before she still craved him as if she hadn't had him for days. She looked up at her handsome man, enjoying his strong arms around her.

Emma watched in amusement as a battle rage on in his eyes. 'I can't darling... I have to go.' He gently pushed her away 'You are too much temptation. Get away from me woman.' He gave her a hard kiss before running down the steps and to his car. Emma chuckled and watched his car disappear down the drive way before going inside.

Silence meet her and she looked around, wondering what she should do. It was just 11:30 too soon to start making dinner. Finally she decided to watch a little TV. For the rest of the day Emma found various ways to occupy her time. She would watch TV, walk around the house listening to music. She called everyone she knew, she spoke for hours with Kate. She'd then called Kelly with a promise to visit soon. She spoke with all her in-laws glad that they were on good terms with all of them. She was growing exceptionally fond of William; he wasn't as reserved as she'd thought. Grant had flirted a little with her and she found that the boy could talk. Luca, her favorite was a joy.

Around 4:30 Emma started dinner. She made cubed chicken with beans and macaroni. By 6 o'clock she had chicken, rice and a salad ready for consumption. To complete dinner she made cookies for dessert. She had just put them in the oven to bake when she heard the front door open. Stomping down her excitement, she slowly made her way to greet him. He was hanging up his jacket when she came into the foyer 'Hi, how was your day?' He didn't answer, he just turn and glared at her. What had she done now?