Chapter 20

Curiously she looked around to find the source of the distraction. And there it was. The tall model like creature, with wavy blonde hair full set of lightly shaded red lips and bright blue eyes. She was an essence of perfection. The perfect face to match the perfect body, her long legs strapped in high red heels and a small frame snuggled in a skin tight dress, she was beautiful. Emma wondered curiously who she was.

She turned back to Jonas to see him still staring at the new comer. She frowned because he suddenly seems so tense and forbidding. Her gaze was drawn back to the woman who was now greeting Hanna. From the way they greeted her, it showed that they were close. Hanna welcomed her like the prodigal daughter. The brothers greeted her with warms smiles and sweet kisses. Even William, the reserved one, lift her up and spin her around.

Emma didn't know what to make of it. She guessed she will just have to wait, because there was no doubt she will be meeting her. She turned back to Jonas and this time she sighed with relief that he wasn't still staring at the hot bomb in heel across the room 'I believe you were just about to kiss me?' She whispered in hopes of getting his full attention back on her.

He smiled down at her before he leaned down and took her lips. It was not as she expected, five-ten minutes ago, he was burning for her. The kiss still sent a rush through her but it wasn't the real thing. It felt kind of awkward and she knew then that Jonas really wasn't into the kiss. He was distracted. Was it by that woman over there? She went to wrap her arms around his neck in hopes of enticing him more but she didn't have such luck. He pulled away before she could

Feeling embarrassed, she look away from him not knowing what to do. She was beyond relieved when she heard Hanna called out to them but it quickly disappear when she looked up to see the bombshell with her. As they got closer, she grew self-conscious with herself and her huge stomach. The worst part was that Jonas had released her and no contact was between them. The woman looked even more beautiful up close 'Look who is here!' Hanna exclaimed excitedly as she pulled the chick with her. The curly hair woman didn't even look at her, she kept her eyes solely on her husband.

She walked right into Jonas' arms and by the way she molded herself to Jonas body, it would seem like they were lovers. Jonas kissed her on both sides 'It's nice to see you again. I didn't know you were in town.' The woman looked confused for a bit then her eyes brighten mischievously.

'Oh yes! I flew in yesterday morning. When you told me you were getting married I just had to come.' Her smooth sultry voice replied.

'I'm so happy to see you.' Hanna voiced then.

As if just remembering she was there, Jonas turned slightly and introduced her 'I'm glad you could make it. This is Emma, Emma meet... Ariel.' Emma had to force her jaws from dropping open. This was Ariel? The woman that everyone expected Jonas to marry? Fuck! Jonas really had to settle. Stop thinking about yourself like that, she told herself, firmly. There was nothing to worry about.

Remembering her manners, she stuck her hand out for Ariel to shake but was surprised when she hugged her instead. Maybe she's not so bad 'It's nice to meet you Ella...'

'It's Emma.' she corrected, narrowing her eyes at the woman. It was clear to her that she intentionally screwed up her name. Maybe this will be bad.

'Come let's give the couple a few more minutes alone,' Hanna suggested pulling Ariel.

'Actually would you mind if have a dance with Jonas? It’s been a while since we've seen each other.' Ariel asked her, smiling cockily as if daring her to refuse.

Yes, I fucking mind! is what she wanted to yell but forced a smile and said it was fine. Immediately, she led him away and she was there left standing in the middle of the dance floor. What stung was that, Jonas didn't even spare her a second glance 'Are you Okay?' She heard Hanna asked, she had almost forgotten she was there. Emma sighed and forced another smile.