Chapter 49

What could she say? The longer she stared at Jonas the harder it came for her. 'They don't mean anything anymore...'

'Don't mean anything? How can they not? It's your wedding ring, a symbol of my devotion to you...'

'That’s cute...' She scoffed. Last time she checked he was cheating on her. No Emma, don't think about that now. She just got back; all she wanted was for Jonas and their family to get reacquainted with the girls. She didn't come back for him, she did it all because of her girls. 'It has gotten old Jonas and it's just not working out. Obviously you haven't changed one bit. But that's okay, now you can truly have what matters to you. The girls. It doesn’t come with a wife this time'

Jonas stare at his woman, his supposed wife and didn't even recognize her. Not only has her outward appearance change but also her personality. The old Emma was sweet and she was sometimes easy to deal with. Now she was so cold, so distance ‘What are you talking about? Sure we married for the babies but come on…’ his heart clenched, she didn't love him anymore. Her love for him, that was what changed during their married. She had come to love him and it was hard to accept that she felt nothing for him 'You don't love me anymore?' He whispered.

Her head snap to him and she stare at him wide eyes 'Who told you that I did?' She tried to hide it, but he saw it in the way she looked at him and then lower her eyes, in the faint blush gracing her cheeks. 'Everything is in the past. You broke my heart, my trust me for that I will never forgive you.'

'Tell me why you left?'

She looked at him incredulously 'You still haven't figured it out? You are still a bastard...'

The wheels turn in his head. There were multiple reasons why she could’ve left but one he desperately hoped wasn't one of those of them. He looked at her as she tucked her breast back into her open front blouse. The simple act almost brought him to his knees, oh how he had missed seeing her like this. Hesitantly, he moved to her and it didn't pass him that she tensed. Kneeling down he took the hand closest to him 'Emma, I'm sorry.'

'For what?'

Jonas shook his head 'For everything.'

'You can't even look in my eyes and apologize can you? Because you still haven't faced the fact that you were-are a lousy husband and you obviously don't know the extent of your betrayal. Did you really think saying sorry would make everything better? It doesn't change anything. I'm tired of your sorrys, I've heard too much when we were together that it means nothing to me.' She tugged her hand from his and Jonas let her go and got up.

His world was falling apart and he wasn’t sure how to put it back together 'I'm taking the girls back to the family,' he let her walk out. Dropping down on the bed, his head sag into his hands. The door open and his head snap up thinking it was Emma. To his utter annoyance it was Ariel 'What do you want Ariel?'

'So that's how it's going to be? You have been ignoring for how long now, you haven't answered my calls... nothing. Are you just going to pretend nothing happened between us?'

Jonas walked towards her, backing her up into the closed door 'Lower your fucking voice. And yes, this is how it's going to be. Everything was a mistake, it never should have happen.' he sighed and moved away. He turned his back to her and ran his hands through his hair.

'Look at you, all torn up. You never were this way when you were with other girls and still mess round...'

'That was different, I always explain to those ladies what they were in for and they didn't care. Come on Ariel, she is my wife!'