Chapter 15

Emma woke up the next morning alone in bed. Only her naked body proved to her that last night with Jonas had actually happen. She didn't know what got into her last night but she supposed it didn't matter now. She was marrying the guy anyway so did it matter if she fooled around with him. The only problem was that he affected her on a deep level and she wish she could do casual sex. And sex with Jonas sure will be amazing but it also put her heart in danger.

Shaking her head she stood and walk to her bathroom. She showered and dressed for the day. About to go out the room her cell rang and she saw that it was Marcus, her boss and good friend 'Hi Marcus,'

'Good morning, how are you?'

'I'm fine. At Kelly's going to head home soon,'

'Okay. So I understand you won't be working for me anymore?'

'What do you mean? I'm coming back to work tomorrow.' Her leave ends tomorrow. She had planned on working for another two weeks before handing in her resignation but Marcus couldn't have known that yet.

'Well Jonas called and said he didn't want you working anymore. I was under the impression that you wanted the same thing,' he replied, confusion evident in his voice.

Instantly Emma felt her anger rise at that piece of information. The controlling bastard. 'No I did not want to quit at least not yet. How dare he?' She yelled, pacing her room floor.

'Emma?' Kelly called a second later a knock came on the door. She told Kelly to give her a few minutes assuring her that she was fine.

'Look Marcus I got to go. I'll call you later okay?'

'Wait. If you don't want to quit the job is still yours, just let me know what's going on.' They hang up after that.

Emma immediately called Jonas and waited impatiently for him to answer 'How dare you call my boss and tell him that I didn't want to work anymore?! She yelled, outraged.

'Good morning to you too love. How are you this morning?' His smooth calm voice came over the line, caressing her like a lover’s touch.

It only made her angrier that he had that effect on her, especially over the damn phone. 'Cut the bull Jonas, you had no right to do what you did. You didn't even ask me, just went behind my back and screw with my job.'

'I have every right Emma. Forgive me but I don't want the mother of my babies over working and stressing.' It grained on her nerves at how perfectly calm he was, not affected by her anger.

Emma sighed, her anger draining away; it was too tiring to be angry 'You can't stop me from working Jonas and I'm going to continue whether you like it or not.' And with that she hangs up the phone. She called Marcus again and told him she will be coming back to work. After much coaxing from Marcus she finally agreed to just take the week for her wedding. She would return Monday. After that was settled, she left the room and found Kelly in the kitchen 'Good morning.' She greeted as she took the cup of tea Kelly handed to her.

'So what's going on? You sounded pretty upset in there,' she asked as she dished out scrambled eggs, waffles and bacon for her.

Emma took a sip of her tea before telling her what Jonas did 'He is too controlling and wants to run my life. He thinks he knows what's best for me more than I know what's best for me.' Kelly didn't say anything just continue to nod. She stared at her with contemplation and Emma knew what was coming

'He does have a point though. Your job is getting hard for you in your condition. It tires you more now that you're this far along.' Emma scowled at her, she totally missed her point. She knew Jonas meant well but that doesn't mean making decisions about her life without consulting her.