Chapter 30

'It's been so long since we've seen you baby girl.' Jesse exclaimed as he hug her. Emma giggled before throwing herself in Albert's arm.

'I miss you guys.'

'We miss you too honey,' Emma stepped aside so they could enter her home. 'Well married life seems to be treating you well. You look downright glowing sugar.' Emma blushed at Albert.

'You guys should visit more often and even now I have to be the one to call you.' Only an hour ago had it cross her mind that they hadn't spent much time together since she got married and she didn't want them thinking it was Jonas' fault. Coincidentally Jonas wasn't here.

'We've been a little busy...' Jessie stared meaningfully at her making her tense. Before he could explain any further Hanna walked in.

'Oh Hanna, these are my really great friends Jessie,' Jessie shook her hand first 'and Albert. They moved here with me' She saw the surprise on Hanna's face with the last bit. Right, not many people new of her sordid past. After promise of lemonade Hanna left for the kitchen and she led them into the sitting room 'Oh did you guys want a tour of the house?' she asked after a second thought.

'Naa sugar, we won't be spending much time here so it doesn't matter.' Albert said chuckling softly, dropping down on the couch. 'So tell me where is Jonas?' Emma didn't like his tone.

'He's on a business trip, why?'

Jessie looked to the door before he leaned towards her 'Your husband seem like a very dangerous man Emma. We are having him followed and he's meeting up with this man.' He hurriedly took a picture from his jacket and hand it to her. She didn't know who it was and she told him so. 'Exactly, he has no name. No information on who he might be, it's like he doesn't exist.'

Emma frowned at the sudden turn on her husband 'So? Where are you going with this?'

'We've seen the same guy outside the Pen where Fin is kept prisoner. You know we have the place under surveillance always watching for one of his goons. And in any case, this guy is not one of Fin's men.' Jesse said taking the picture and tucking it back into his jacket. 'We just want to know what Jonas is mixed up in.'

'Are you implying that my husband is involved in some criminal activity?' her tone bristled with the anger she felt. She would not have anyone come into her house and accuse her man of doing wrong. Jonas was not like that and really if it was against Fin, it would have been surely justified. But surely, what reason did they have for going after her husband.

'You should know we had his phone bugged and they have been talking. Neither of them ever stating what they wanted of the other...' Albert piped up.

'WHAT?' She could not believe this 'you had my husband's phone bugged?!'

'Emma...'

'You had no right to do that...'

Albert glared at her 'No right? We swore to your mother that we would protect you...' Emma gasped and from the look on his face knew he hadn't meant to say anything.

'My mother? What are you talking about?' Emma slowly sat down feeling like the wind was just knocked out of her. 'My mother died when I was 10 years old... how could... how do you know her?'

The room was dead silent and at each second that passed she got angrier and more confused. After what seem like eons, Albert started 'We have been working on Fin's case longer than you've known about. During our investigation we came up on info regarding your mother and her connection with Fin.'

'How much did you know of your family finances?' He asked but continued after she shook her head 'Anyway Paula, not having any source for money got desperate and went to Fin. He supported her for a while. You know the deal with the mob, they do you a favor they want something in return.' Emma nodded her understanding 'Anyway when Paula failed to pay them back Fin figured a way to get it back. He made her smuggle his drugs, the small jobs nothing major. It worked for a while but you're mothers health failed and all Fin cared about was getting his money. Part of his tactic is making his victims wait make them think everything was alright...' Emma looked down. She was the next victim in his game, they all knew it.