Chapter 23

'Wake up darling,' Jonas shook his wife slightly as he kissed her on her cheek. It was seven in the morning and if they didn't get up soon they will end up being late.

'No...' She groaned out, pushing away his face from off her cheek. He chuckled and got up.

'Fine by me,' he didn't mind her staying in bed all day. He didn't want her working in the first place. He had only just stepped in the shower when he heard the shower door pulled back. 'Honey, you’re barely awake, just sleep for another hour I'm sure Marcus will understand.' Her eyes still held the sleepy hue, and damn did she look sexy with ruffled bed hair. Not to mention naked with that sexy stomach of hers.

'Can I join you or what?' She asked with cleared annoyance. Shaking his head he step aside and let her slide in front of him 'No one wants to get up early in the morning to work.' she mumbled as she wash her hair ‘They only do it because they have to…well others do it because they love their job’. He ran his fingers through the soapy tangles and massaged her scalp, deciding he’d enjoy bantering with her.

'In this case you don't have to work, I have more than enough assets to take care of us. Do you know how rich I am?'

'Don't be so arrogant. There are other reasons why people work besides financial reasons,' she countered.

'Yeah but can't you like do what other normal pregnant women do, sit and read?'

'How do you know that that's what they do?'

'I bought some baby books and it said that some woman love reading during that time. It also say they sing to their bump…'

'Well I like working so sue me,' she muttered as she turned the shower head off. Jonas chuckled as they got out of the shower, he wrapped them both in a towel before heading into the bedroom. ‘I’m perfectly healthy and just because you’re my husband and “rich” doesn’t mean I have to sit on my ass and laze around…’

Jonas shook his head, enjoying the view of her oiling her skin ‘Yeah but I would very much like you to be at home barefoot and pregnant. At least then I will know you are safe.’

She turn to him and if this was a cartoon, he would see steam coming out of her ears ‘Barefoot and pregnant? What a damn chauvinist thing to say.’ Jonas shrugged which only made her angrier.

‘Calm down babe…’ after a few minutes of glaring at him she turned away and started to get dressed again. He hid his smile; she will be fun to argue with.

An hour later they were dressed and after breakfast they were ready to go. Jonas admired his wife's ass in her black pencil skirt. 'Do I look okay?' she turned for him to see.

'Yes, you look ravishing.' Jonas smirked when she blushed and look away. She was dressed in a skirt that hug her hips and a purple cotton blouse that fitted her bosom and flowed delectably over her stomach. All in all she looked beautiful especially with her hair cascading down her shoulders. She didn't wear much make-up all he notice she applied was mascara and lip stick. It was refreshing from all the women who couldn't or didn't think they would look pretty without all the cake-y stuff. He reached out and caressed her stomach 'Are they asleep?'

'No, they are just lazy,' she replied placing her hands over his. He smiled before leaning down and kissing her 'Come on let's go,' he took her hand and led them outside. He glared at her old car and felt his anger rise, automatically tighten his hands on hers. 'Let go,' she commanded as she try to pull away.

He glared down at her 'I'm driving you to work,' he pulled her to his car, at least… he tried. She remained planted on the grown in a stubbornness that was soon riding on his last nerves.