Encounters At The Beach PT 1

Ali POV

Everyone piled out the car as we reached the beach.We placed our mats and food in a big area and started frolicking.

  Ali whispers into the breeze, her eyelids fluttering closed as she breathes in the briny aroma. Scrunching her toes, she feels the softness of the sand, still damp from the retreating tide. She wiggles as a shiver cascades down her spine and her eyes burst open.The sand blurs out in a blissful trance, the shore fading into liquid gold, vivid in the brilliant light. Her pale lips curve upward.
Ali bestows her gaze to the far off horizon, the flaring hues of the sun melting into the sky and ocean like a divine painting. The forever stretching sea is masked with an apricot colour, that beautiful umber flowing into turquoise. Through narrowed eyes she watches as each wave overlaps one another, sending the white bubbling crests descending, masking the shore with the transparent fading water.  

I open my diary and started writing while Royalty played with Hanna from time to time I looked to see if she was okay.

  Hope the wound heals but it never does
That's cause you're at war with love
You're at war with love, yeah

  Emotional wounds never heal if you keep fighting your own feelings. If you find peace with love and your emotions, you can move on.  

  These battle scars don't look like they're fading
Don't look like they're ever going away
They ain't never gonna change
These battle...  

Her feelings for her ex aren't going away. All the memories of the past seem to haunt her

It could also be referring to emotional scars the feelings she stills has for her ex. Or it could mean physical scars from the "battles" (constant fighting and arguing)she had with his ex.

  Never let a wound ruin me  

  Never let something small ruin you. Stand up from your wounds. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  

  But I feel like ruin's wooing me  

This is the beginning of an extended metaphor: love as war.

Ali is stating that heartbreak (ruins in love's war) is trying to draw her in (woo him as a lover would).

she'll never let the pain destroy her.

  Arrow holes, they never close from Cupid on a shooting spree  

Usually, The Cupid is thought of positively as a bearer of love who shoots his arrow to incite affection.

But when Cupid goes on a shooting spree (much like shooting sprees in war), it's too much of a "good" thing.

The wounds Ali is continually referring to never heal because they're perpetually broken. His love metaphor continues: arrows vs. guns & the double entendre of "shooting spree."

  Feeling stupid cause I know it ain't no you and me  

  How you feel played when you are into someone but they aren't into you, or because you wasted so much time and now you dont have anything to show for it.  

  But when you're trying to beat the odds up
Been trying to keep your nods up
And you know that you should know
And let her go  

If you want to have a better and positive future, then you should move on.

Play on the phrase "beat the odds" – you're beating up the odds as if this is combat.

i.e. End the war (let it go), because you can't win.