How Could The One I Gave My Heart

Alison POV

Hanna, Caleb and I sat together as we talked and I finally built up the courage to ask.

''How did you guys meet''

''Well we met on a dating app but he was in a relationship so he decided to leave her and he came her and since then we've been together ever since''Hanna said and I looked at him in disbelief.

''Aren't you scared he'll do the same to you''I ask her and she looked at me with a shameful expression.

''Nope I trust him''

''But don't you think his previous girlfriend didn't trust him, Caleb is it why were you on a dating app while in a relationship''

''I -I don't know why she helped me at my worst and I left her with-''

''This is no longer right for me

I'M SORRY

BYE''I cut in and when I realize I just walk out in tears.

He ran out behind me and I pull away from his hand.

''I'm sorry let me explain but please don't tell Hanna I'm your ex boyfriend''

  "Ex-boyfriend," was that what you planned to be all along? Was I entertainment, something pretty for your arm, a way to improve your status among the boys? If that's the case then you were never my boy friend, more of an amateur manipulator, a child in a man's body. Do you know, my "friend" what happens to children who play with fire? They are burnt of course. So in as much as you have scorched my insides, charred what was whole, you have brought an inferno on yourself. It's not that I'm not over you, that part was easy, I did that on day one. My mama told me to "live and let live," "to forgive" and "be the bigger person." The problem with that is I'm not yet mature enough to listen to my mother. Perhaps I will be when my revenge lies cold at your feet, a million glass fragments flashing in wintry light, ready to cut you no matter the direction you take. ''

''I was in pain''he whimpered.

 '' You know you are in endless pain when you wake up one morning and realize that you are dead, buried and forgotten by those who are dear and close to you but alive and kicking to strangers, a people who don't give a damn about you. You know you will forever be in pain when you wake up in the morning, with a jolt, to an emotionless face of someone who tells you nothing but to go out and help bury people who were murdered or yours would be taken in more painful ways than you can imagine. You know pain when you go to sleep with it every night and you see yourself being lowered in your own grave but when you scream to those mourning and burying you your screams are whimpers that no one hears. '' 

''What''

  ''I had never felt so alone, so lost... So incapable of doing even the smallest tasks. And this was only the beginning, the beginning of the pain, the suffering and the endless congo line of emotions that were in store for me.''  

 '' I have always been a giver, warm and loving. Even as a child I never cried, seeking to make others happy. Often people sought me in times of trouble and I gave all I had - my whole heart and showered love upon them. By age nine adults lent on me, told me of their woes and I was their spark of light. Yet when my time to suffer came, when my world was a hurricane of ice, every light but one switched off. All but one offered a skinny love, shallow and brief, before finding a reason to excuse their flight. But maybe that's the way it had to be, one light to follow, no choice but to walk toward love and truth. Perhaps the road toward heaven feels like hell. Because I can tell you I never felt more empty in mind, body or soul, never so bereft of any comfort. I have never felt so worthless or disposable, never so wretched and cold. For hours I would have no emotion, only an urge to move fast; then all at once I'd be on the floor, shaking with a grief that bled from my bones. Days became weeks and months, and in every single moment of every single day my soul asked God why I must still live. He said, "Because I love you, daughter, and you will do great things. So live, breathe, walk." Moments of emptiness still come like an ambush, yet in company of a true friend a real smile can return, a real laugh, real warmth. I can't give much yet, I'm still too empty, but at least now I know who to give it to. I know who is safe.  ''

''Ali''Caleb said looking at me weirdly''We have been here for a hour now you okay''

I look at him with tears in my eyes and spoke the words that would break him.

''I HAD Questions''

He sighed and I looked at him hurt.

  [Chorus 1]
How could the one I gave my heart to, break my heart so bad?
How could the one who made me happy, make me feel so sad?
Won't somebody tell me? So I can understand
If you love me, how could you hurt me like that
How could the one I gave my world to, throw my world away?
How could the one who said, "I love you," say the things you say?
How could the one I was so true to, just tell me lies?
How could the one I gave my heart to, go and break this heart of mine, tell me?

[Bridge 1]
How could you be so cold to me
When I gave you everything?
All my love, all I had inside
How could you just walk out the door?
How could you not love me anymore?
I thought we had forever, I can't understand

[Chorus 2]
How could the one I shared my dreams with, take my dreams from me?
How could the love that brought such pleasure, bring such misery?
Won't somebody tell me, somebody tell me please
If you love me how could you do that to me, tell me?

[Bridge 2]
How could you just walk out the door?
How could you not love me anymore?
I thought we had forever
I can't understand

[Chorus 1]
How could the one I gave my heart to, break my heart so bad?
How could the one who made me happy, make me feel so sad?
Won't somebody tell me? So I can understand
If you love me how could you hurt me like that?
How could the one I gave my world to, throw my world away?
How could the one who said, "I love you," say the things you say?
How could the one I was so true to, just tell me lies?

[Outro]
How could the one I gave my heart to
Break this heart of mine, tell me?  

I sang and he just looked down crying and I walked away for good