FOUR

'I've been on my own for long enough, maybe you can show me how to love.' •the weekend•

"In a couple hours the full moons gonna rise just above those trees, if Tyler's right, that's where the pack will be

"In a couple hours the full moons gonna rise just above those trees, if Tyler's right, that's where the pack will be." Alaric explained to me and Elena as he led the way.

I just nodded at him and I focused on my feet and not tripping up over these random twigs on the floor.

"You were a Boy Scout weren't you?" Elena teased from infront of me, I let out a short laugh as she changed the subject.

"A Boy Scout slash vampire slayer." I joined in, taking a swig from my water bottle, clutched in my hand.

"Slash whiskey drinker and all in all a lost cause." Ric replied back making me and Elena laugh out loud at him.

Ric dropped his bag on the floor and opened it up to reveal a stocked bag of weaponry.

I stopped next to Elena and raised my eyebrows whilst spinning the cap back on my water.

"Wow, you came stocked." Elena commented, sending me a wary glance.

"Well we aren't exactly bird watching." I let out a snort and smirked at the history teacher.

"Here but that in your bag. Both of you." He handed me and Elena what looked like a hand made bomb, he usually fills these up with vervain.

"A vervain grenade?" Elena spoke my thoughts as we both zipped it up in our backpacks.

"Wolfsbane." Ric corrected. I'm impressed.

"Well since we're exchanging gifts." Elena whipped out Rics supernatural ring.

"That's John Gilbert's ring." Ric dumbly stated.

"No it's yours idiot." I commented and pushed Elenas hand that was holding the ring towards him.

"It will protect you from whatever supernatural danger we're about to get ourselves into." Elena nodded towards Ric. I tried to ignore Elenas statement about what we're getting ourselves into.

"He gave it to you." Ric stated, staring at the ring.

"Yeah but I'm a doppelgänger it's not going to work on me." I let out a huge sigh in frustration and snatched the ring off of Elena.

"Catch." I bluntly stated to Ric, throwing the ring at him, he caught it and stared at me in disbelief.

"It's yours now." I simply stated.

"The longer we stand here bickering about this the less sun we have to look for Stefan IF this is even a genuine lead." I ranted out looking at the pair with judgey eyes.

Ric let out a small laugh and slipped on his ring, me and Elena smirked at each other.

I looked behind Ric to see Damon stood behind a tree, his brought his finger up to his lips.