TEN

'Oh well, I think it's for the best, I can lay my head down and finally go to rest.' •the plastic love•

' •the plastic love•

"Here we are. Senior year." Caroline breathed out. I tugged my bag strap further up my shoulder as we all looked around us.

"Does anyone think it should feel slightly more empowering." Bonnie asked sounding upset.

"We should be feeling badass right now not sadasses." I muttered but I knew everyone heard me. Elena held my arm in reassurance.

"Okay so prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it and moving on." Caroline pushed us all forward into the mobs of students around us.

"You're right. I mean why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing his dead girlfriends ghosts ruin this experience?" Bonnie remarked.

I felt like saying 'why should I let the fact that I can't stop thinking about klaus ever since he left and the fact that I dreamt about him and me fucking last night ruin our year' but stopped myself because I probably would get slapped down into hell.

"Yes and why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid to put a damper on a fabulous day." Caroline sang out dramatically.

I almost rolled my eyes at her but got distracted when Elena pulled me to a halt next to her.

"Today's our anniversary. Technically me and Stefan met at the first day of school last year." Elena mumbled. I bit my lip and just looked at her worriedly.

"Yeah you win." Caroline answered, I shot her a glare for being insensitive.

"Are you sure you wanna be here?" Bonnie asked matching my concern.

"I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New year. New life." Elena stated with fake confidence and strutted forwards past the two girls, dragging me along with her, I smiled amused and nodded at Caroline and bonnie, them copying.

Let's fucking do this.

•• ••

"I'll lure Stefan away from the bonfire, then when he's distracted-"

"I'll shoot him." Alaric cut Elena off.

"Can't bonnie use her witch juju on him or something?" Damon asked confused from his place on the school table.

"I'm trying to keep bonnie out of this, I don't trust that Stefan won't hurt her." Elena explained, looking at all the weapons on Alarics desk infront of her.