FIFTYTWO

"through draught and famine, natural disasters, my baby had been around for me. Kingdoms have fallen, angels be calling."
| Daniel Caesar |

I tiptoed along the hallway, not wanting to wake Hayley, I pulled my bed hair up into a bun ontop of my head as I came to a stand still outside of the wolfs bedroom door.

Breathing in deeply, I opened her door slowly for it not to creek, I peeped in to see Hayley sound asleep, I smiled slightly at the peaceful sight.

My eyes wondered to the bag at the bottom of the bed, an empty small bottle of what I presumed was the wolfsbane that Hayley was going to use to get rid of her baby-Niks baby.

I quietly walked over to the bag, reaching for the bottle.

"I didn't use it." Hayley's soft voice piped up, I looked up in surprise to the now awake wolf.

I nodded once at her as I rolled my shoulders with a sigh.

"Morning." I greeted her with a small smile, she returned it.

"I could barley sleep all night, this house is like a freaking swamp sauna." Hayley complained as she sat upright in bed, I chuckled at her words as I came and stood next to the bed.

"It's an old house-it doesn't have air conditioning." I informed her, if she hadn't already guessed that.

She nodded in reply, an awkwardness settling between us both.

I sighed again, taking a seat at the end of the bed.

"What stopped you?" I asked quietly.

There was a long pause as Hayley gathered her thoughts.

"You could of been free of the Mikalesons-of all this madness." I added on, impatient of her reply.

"Yeah well, when those vampires turned up, I realised I wasn't just protecting myself. Maybe it has to do with the fact that my birth parents gave me up and my adoptive parents kicked me out. All I know is when push came to shove, I realised that I wouldn't let anyone hurt it." Hayley confessed, her eyes showing an emotion I only ever saw in Alarics, back in Mystic falls when Ester had turned him and he was saying his goodbyes.

"This whole thing with Marcel, the deal you have with the witches trying to take him down, take what's his. Rebekah told me that Klaus and him once loved eachother like family, what happened?" Hayley asked in curiosity, I turned my head to looked towards the closed curtains and smiled sadly.

I stood up and made my way over to them.

"Nik says he made marcel everything that he is-treated him like a son and when his father chased him and the rest of the siblings from New Orleans a 100 years ago, they all believe Marcel was killed, they each mourned him in their own way." I explained as I opened up the curtains, letting the summer light shine through into the room.

I stared out into the front gardens, watching Rebekah drive up to the mansion in the distance.

"When Nik returned, he found that not only had Marcel survived but he had thrived and Instead of seeking them out, instead of sticking together as one, Marcel made a choice to take everything the Mikaelsons had built and make it his own. Now he is living in their home and he is sleeping in their beds." I carried on, slightly frowning as Bekah jumped out of her car and slammed the door shut in fury.