FIFTYSEVEN

// where did I go? When did the sunrise? How do I fall? Got lost in the moonlight. Where did I go? When did I realise, my love was on hold? //

~jorja smith~

"Mother." I firmly greeted, keeping my face straight. She quickly placed her cup of tea down on the coffee table infront of her and stood up, Kol following her actions.

"Look at you! You're glowing!" She cooed, smiling widely.

I cleared my throat.

"I told you I wasn't coming with you to England. Why are you here?" I bluntly asked, stepping forwards into the room, i saw Kol sit back down in amusement.

"Why don't we have a nice catch up first? On my way over here I spotted a really nice looking restaurant." I rolled my eyes at my moms words.

"Why are you here?" I asked again, getting more annoyed by the second.

"Why do you live with your ex?" My mother shot back at me and put a hand on her hip, I scoffed.

"And I also live with his sister and two brothers...which one is my fiancé and oh I cannot forget the woman who my fiancé knocked up is also living with us! Aren't you proud of me mother?!" I sent her a curious smirk, waiting for her reply, I saw her anger start to bubble within her.

"Klaus....is it?" Mother asked with slight disgust. I crossed my arms across my chest and nodded once.

"Alaric didn't say much about him-just that he's a bad guy." My mother confessed.

"You're a bad woman. You two should get along fondly." I shot at her and she gasped slightly.

"How dare you!" She raises her tone and I scoff again and take another step forwards and Kol slowly stands up, instantly sensing the change of atmosphere.

"You've lost your way since living with these people. Who are you?" Mom asked, stepping towards me and I let out a hard laugh.

"Wh-who am I?! Who am I?! WHO AM I?! REALLY?" I screamed at her, she jumped slightly in surprise.

"Luce-" Kol whispered, trying to catch my attention but I ignored him as I clenched my fists right besides me.

"I lost my way before moving out here. I lost my way as soon as you left with dad to England when he fell sick and you both left me-a sixteen year old girl-all alone in a big house. What kind of parents just abandon their child like that?" I ranted, getting closer to my mom and I saw her gulp down her anxiousness and I thrived off of it for some reason.

"We had no choice-" mother mumbled but I cut her off with a loud groan.

"No choice? That's bullshit and you know it! I bet dad is turning in his grave right now!" I let out and then I felt the sting of my mothers palm flat against my cheek and I saw red.

"Don't you speak of him so lowly you stupid child." Mother gritted her teeth, using her fingers to clench onto my chin to make me look at her.

"Hey-" Kol started again but we both just ignored him.

"Get your hands off of me." I snarled out and my mother laughed in my face, her spit flying out everywhere making me wince.

"You think this Klaus will stay with you? He won't. You're nothing special. You're nothing to me. You were nothing to your father and now you're nothing to this man and I feel incredibly sorry for him having to put up with your shit." My mother whispered dangerously into my face and I let a tear slip.