THIRTYTHREE

'I take another shot, need the Novocain. Wish it would numb my heart the way it numbs my brain.' •fletcher•

"You sure you can carry that love? It looks a bit heavy?" Klaus teased as I lifted up a cardboard box of ornaments that were in the lounge

I sent him a tight smile.

"Shut up." I responded playfully, stacking the box ontop of the other 2.

I wrote 'L O U N G E' in big letters with a sharpe pen for the delivery services to pick up.

"You still haven't answered my question, Luce." Nik mumbled as he placed a painting delicately into a new box.

"You only asked me to move to New Orleans with you 6 hours ago. I need more time to think." I replied sharply. Frustrated that he couldn't be patient with me this one time.

"Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me." Bekah waltzed into the room joining us.

Nik payed no mind to her and continued to place paintings into the box, I froze.

"Alaric Saltzman is supposed to be dead." Nik boredly replied, I could hear my heart rate rapidly increase from the news.

"Well he's not. He's a vampire thanks to mothers spell-with a white oak stake that can't kill him." Bekah revealed. I stepped closer, my throat going dry.

"R-Ric went through with the transition?" I whispered, sounding dumb but I couldn't believe he would go back on what he said last night.

I snatched my phone out of my back pocket to see no new messages from anyone.

"He's strong Luce. Too strong." She whined. I noticed Nik from the corner of my eye still packing things.

"Would you stop for 2 seconds and pay attention Nik?! He's going to be after you two! Your brothers!" I snapped at the hybrid, who stopped at my words and took a deep breath.

"Where is he now?" Klaus asked, I smiled in relief as he was finally giving the situation attention.

"Back at the school without a daylight ring but as soon as the sun falls he'll come after us." Kol spoke up as he rounded the corner, sending me a small smile.

"He has Caroline, Luce" Bekah added on quickly.

"We need to leave now." Kol rushed, swinging his car keys around his pointer finger.

Rebekah sent me a hopeful look.

I looked down, fiddling with my fingers. Caroline was in danger-I needed to stay in Mystic Falls.

"Fine. As soon as Luce makes a decision, we'll be on our way." Nik snapped, sending me a glare as he walked back over to a box and sealed it shut.

"Forget making a decision Luce. I'm sorry no matter how much I've grown to love you. I'm leaving with or without you-now." Bekah demanded, taking a step forwards.