FOURTYSEVEN

"you said you'll be right here forever baby, I know someday there's no forever baby."
| the dream |

I took a sip of my whiskey before placing the glass back down on the coffee table besides my armchair I was lounging on.

"Marcel." I grinned out as I heard footsteps approaching from behind me.

"So you're the vampire that just killed 16 of my night walkers." Marcels honey like voice sternly spoke up, his mannerism dripped with authority. I smirked.

I slowly stood up and turned to face the man Niklaus had told me all about-the boy he had raised-the boy he thought had died-the boy I heard was still alive and was now running the city, the moment I stepped foot into New Orleans.

"That would be me." I playfully responded, picking up my whiskey glass and stepped around my armchair and offered my glass up for Marcel, he didn't flinch.

"I don't take trespassers lightly." Marcel warned, I rolled my eyes at him and walked back to my coffee table where I placed my whiskey glass back down before turning back around to Marcel.

"You need to lighten up." I mused with a slight smile, marcel took a few dangerous steps closer and raised a pointed finger up towards me.

"What do you want?" He growled, I raised my eyebrows up at his attitude.

"Information." I shot back quickly.

"Information?" He asked, clearly not expecting that sort of answer, I let out a small laugh.

"Yes-information about the witches here. Sophie Deveraux to be precise." I replied, acting a lot more serious now, when I arrived here a few months ago, a letter was sent to my door, stating that the witches had something that would interest me-I ignored it of course.

But yesterday morning, one of the witches payed me a visit and stated that there was a way for me to find out if Niklaus was really hexed or not that night and call me curious but I'd like to find out.

I killed the witch as soon as she mentioned Niklaus' name so I never got to find out the location I needed to visit, but Marcel seemed to have the witches wrapped around his fingers so I figured he'd know where I'd find them.

"Sophie? What could you possibly want with her?" He asked confused.

I looked down to my nails and noticed they were a little scratched from this mornings antics.

"Personal reasons but I promise you, I'll leave your little 'army' alone once I get the information I need." I warned, more like threatened the 'king'.

He smirked at me.

"You're Luceinder Price." He suddenly stated, catching me off guard.

"How do you know my name?" I demanded.

"Everyone knows your name. Your Niklaus Mikalesons Queen, the one person who can control the beast within him." Marcel laughed out, I frowned at his attitude.

"Marcel. Tell me where I can find Sophie and I'll be out your way." I growled, getting slightly annoyed how he wasn't giving me any straight answers.

"Is Klaus here with you?" Marcel asked, turning serious.

I shook my head no.

"You'll find Sophie at the cemetery." Marcel admitted finally, I smiled in appreciation.

"Thankyou Marcel." I bid him farewell and I vamp sped out of my apartment and towards the cemetery gates, only to be met with a girl who looked to be my age with black straight hair and e-

"Elijah?" I breathed out in disbelief.

He snapped his head towards my direction before a beaming smile took over his features.

"Luceinder." He chuckled slightly as he pulled me into a bone crushing hug, I laughed out loud and pulled back.

"How-why are you here?" I asked him in confusion.

"Well mine and Kol's main priority was to find you and bring you back home but I was met with a few complications on the way." Elijah announced, I couldn't help the smile breaking out on my face.

"You and Kol are here?" I beamed in excitement.

"Luceinder." The girl coughed out, me and Elijah snapped our heads towards the girl.

"I'm glad you came." She murmured.

"You're Sophie." I put two and two together.

She nodded stiffly.

"You'll both want to follow me-I have something to show you." She commented as she entered, me and Elijah went to follow but we were stopped at an invisible barrier.

"This is sacred ground, which means vampires have to be invited in." Sophie explained, I rolled my eyes in impatience.

"Well you invited us here-invite us in!" I argued, i really need to know if the witches put a hex on Klaus or not and if they did, why.

"But since I'm desperate. Both of you-c'mon in." Sophie invited us, me and Elijah shared a look before we both stepped onto the 'sacred' ground.

"We can talk freely here." Sophie added on.

"Then I suggest you start talking." Elijah growled, I raised my eyebrows up at Elijahs unusual attitude but I didn't question it. I was running out of patience too.

"What did your sister want with Niklaus?" Elijah spoke up, I frowned at Elijah.

"Isn't it obvious? We have a vampire problem and we need help. Marcel has an army backing him-the witches have been trying to fight back but we haven't had much luck." Sophie stopped and sent me and Elijah a pleading glance.

"My sister met a girl, a werewolf passing through the quarter from a small town in Virginia. She had a special connection to your  brother-thanks to Bonnie Bennett." Sophie looked to me shortly-waaaaait.

"What kind of connection?" I snapped, starting to connect the dots.

I could feel Elijahs panicked gaze on me.

"Apparently they spent some time together-the witch Bonnie had been informed about what was going on down here and knew she needed to help her ancestors-so she set a hex in place and now this special wolf girl-she's pregnant. And the father of the child she's carrying is your brother Klaus." Sophie finally got to the point-I felt my heart flinch in my chest.

"That's impossible." Elijah snapped, looking to me apologetically, I just stared at my now shaking hands, Nik was telling the truth about being hexed.

My best friend Bonnie Bennet did this to us-did this to me.

We were literally face timing last week.

"Nothings impossible. Especially when it comes to your brother. Think about it, they call him the hybrid. Right? BRING HER OUT?" Sophie called out, I looked up to the gates that were opening and I clutched onto Elijahs arm.

The witches brought Hayley out and my face dropped.

"Luce?" She asked in relief.

"Elijah I-I can't." I whispered to him, he nodded at me in understanding and gave my arm a firm squeeze.

"Wait you can't go-don't leave me here with them Luce!" Hayley cried out, but it was all a blur to me as I left.

__________________________

If you're enjoying the story so far please let me know what you think in the comments or vote for the chapter, many thanks!