TWELVE

'Burn the sash and smash that tiara, no, that's not me, I'll never be prom queen.' •catie turner•

"Mason?" I whispered out

"Mason?" I whispered out. Instantly getting dry mouth.

"Hey Luce." He winked, leaning half of his body on the bar as he faced me.

"I think we'll leave you to....yeah-" Alaric pulled a raging Damon away from us both.

"H-how?" He stepped closer to me.

"I don't know. But I don't think I've got a lot of time. So I need Damon to help me with something." Mason admitted, his eyes searching the grill before spotting the two again.

He went to walk off but I grabbed his arm, I was shocked, looking down at it. I was actually holding him again.

"That's all you have to say to me?" I asked, a little hurt and he smiled again.

"I never got to apologise." Mason sighed, I dropped his arm. My eyes filling up.

"Were you compelled? Did Katherine compel you to love her?" I asked, already dreading the answer.

"No. She didn't. I cheated on you and I take full responsibility for that. I'm sorry."

I took a sharp intake of breath but nodded, I had a feeling. Ever since I found out.

"Okay." I nodded with a small smile, a tear sliding down my cheek as I watched him make his way over to Damon and Alaric.

I felt my phone start to vibrate in my pocket. I took it out to see Klaus calling me again, I quickly declined it and shoved it back in my pocket. I have enough to deal with right now.

Where is Elena? Is she still in the bathroom?

I made a beeline for the bathroom but as I turned the corner I saw Elena stood infront of a tall blonde.

"Lexi?" I breathed out with a beaming smile, she returned it and reached out squeezing my shoulder.

"Come with me." She stated turning serious.

"Where?" Elena quizzed.

"Ripper detox 101 crash course." Lexi explained, grabbing Elenas hand and reaching for mine but my phone started to vibrate again.

"I'm going to answer this but go ahead, I'll meet up with bonnie and Caroline to see what I can do to help." I explained, taking my phone out and walking outside, Elena and Lexie nodded before Lexie vamp sped her away.