THIRTYEIGHT

/ / thank you, next. / /
-Ariana grande-

"C'mon c'mon." I whispered to myself as I waited for Bekah to answer her phone.

1 ring-2-3-4 and then 5 before her answer machine. I clicked off of my phone groaning and throwing my head back.

"For gods sake Bex pick up." I grumbled as I tried ringing her again as I marched towards my car, I quickly turned to look at the church when I heard a gun shot and screams.

I noticed Connor from earlier stumbling into his car, throwing a heavy bag into his truck.

I listened as the phone rang out, I tucked my phone into my bra. Vamp speeding up to his truck window.

I knew there was something off with this guy.

This was gonna be fun. I smirked as I pulled his truck door off of its hinges and threw it to the side. I needed to vent my anger onto something.

"Hello Connor." I smirked at him as I tugged him out of the truck and to the floor, I went to plunge my hand into his chest but got delayed as he shot 4 wooden bullets into my chest, missing my heart, luckily.

I groaned with fighting against myself, snatching the gun from him and using the butt of it to smash it against his face. He groaned out in pain before turning us over since I was weakened and pulled out a stake.

I grabbed his wrist pushing against it as he held it above my heart. I winced as my whole body ached as my wounds couldn't heal as the bullets we're still imbedded.

My arm began to shake against the pressure of the hunters force. I gulped in fear.

"Luceinder!" Klaus' panicked voice made the hunter snatch his arm back and step over me, running into his truck.

I lay still trying to catch my breath as I listened to the hunter speeding off.

"Luce!" Klaus squatted down besides me, looking over my body intently for any wounds, his eyes landed on my chest.

"This is going to sting love." Nik winced out as he gently tried to pluck the first bullet out of my chest, I squeaked in pain, arching my back up off of the floor as he digged his pointer finger and thumb deeper as he couldn't quite grasp the bullet.

"Klaus you can't do this here!" Stefan ran up besides him. Nik ignored him, concentrating on trying to help me.

"People are staring..." Stefan trailed off impatiently, Klaus sighed and retrieved his hand, standing up in anger facing Stefan and letting out an irritated sigh.

"Nik--it hurts." I cried out, clutching my chest but then hissing in pain at the contact and closing my eyes.

"It's okay Luce. I've got you." Klaus whispered down to me as I felt him delicately wrap his arms around me and lift me up to his chest in bridal style. I whimpered at the movement.

"Where are you taking her?!" Stefan asked worried for me. I reopened my eyes to see him staring at me in panic.

"Somewhere safe. You deal with your little hunter problem and I'll deal with my girl." Nik smirked at Stefan amused.

I didn't hear Stefans reply as the wind rippled through my hair and I suddenly noticed we were back in the same lounge Nik had left me last night. I cringed at the memory.

"Nik?! How could you just abandon us like that?!" Bekahs upset voice sounded through the room as she entered.

"Now sister. I have to look after Luce, I'll listen to your silly scoldings as soon as i have my love wrapped up in silk and sound asleep." Nik replied in a snappy tone, not in the mood with Bekahs attitude.