FIFTYTHREE

"throw it up, watch it fall down slow, sold my heart, don't know where to go." | leuan |

I looked up, finding Niks concerned stare in panic, I gulped and looked back down to my vibrating phone.

I haven't spoken to my mum since I moved in with Nik back in Mystic Falls, in my defence, I had tried to contact her but she flat out ignored me, multiple times.

"Eh-excuse me." I whispered to the group, dismissing myself and quickly walking outside of the mansion and down the stone steps and pushed further towards the main patch of grass circle that was in the middle of the driveway.

With shaky fingers, I accepted the call and slowly brought the phone up towards my ear, I looked back to the mansion quickly before looking forwards again.

"Luceinder?" My mums voice croaked out, it was a lot rougher than I remembered it to be.

I gulped and nodded, even though she couldn't see me, I felt my eyes start to water up so I sniffed them back.

"Oh my baby girl, where are you?" My mother cried out in desperation, making me raise my eyebrows in utter surprise.

"Outside." I shakily responded, looking around myself once again.

"No-no. I've returned home and your room is completely c-cleared out?! Where. Are. You?!" I sighed at my mothers panic but also worry....she's returned home? Where has she been this whole time?

"Why do you care? You left me. You ignored me. I couldn't contact you, it was like you'd disappeared from earth." I snapped at her, I heard her take in a sharp breath.

"Don't you dare speak to me with that tone luceinder, I'm your mother!" She scolded me and I scoffed, shaking my head out of anger.

"You've not been a mother to me for the past year. Sorry if you expected my behaviour to be different?" I snarled, taking a few angry steps forwards.

"I except you to respect and love your mother, not treat her like dirt! I've returned home to Mystic falls to bring you back to England with me. To start over a new life. Wherever you are now-come to me, come be with your mother. I love you." I openly growled at my mothers lies.

"Listen. I'm not going anywhere with you-ever. I've just began to settle down somewhere and I will not have you coming here to destroy it." I raised my voice in frustration towards the clueless woman.

"What? With Klaus? You can do a lot better than that man Luceinder and you know it." My eyes widened at my mother.

She knew? How did she know about klaus?

"How did you-"

"-Know about your new boyfriend? I payed Alaric a visit to thank him for looking out for you but obviously once I found you were not there-he deserved it." I felt myself sicken at my mothers behaviour.

"Alaric was there for me for all the times when you weren't." I snapped, becoming ridiculously heated.

"Well I'm here now and I want you to tell me where you are so I can come and collect you, so we can be a family again-it's what dad would've wanted."