THIRTYSEVEN

"you're to proud to say you've made a mistake, you're a coward till the end, I don't wanna admit but we're not gonna fit." | marina and the diamonds |

"Damon?" I whimpered out as I entered the boarding house.

There was no reply.

I inhaled deeply and nodded my head, pulling my suite case to the side and walking into the lounge.

"Stefan? Elena?" I tried again, my voice cracking.

I scanned the empty room, my eyes landing on the open bourbon, I walked over and pulled myself out a whiskey glass. I sighed, looking down at the empty glass infront of me.

Nik hated me. He hated me for turning my humanity off when he 'died'. He hated me for caring so much about him. He hated me for loving him.

I sniffed as a tear threatened to fall. I sucked it up and poured the glass full of whiskey, knocking the whole glass back down my throat making it burn.

I winced as I slammed the glass back down.

My phone started ringing.

"Darling."

"Hey." I sniffed, picking up the bottle of whiskey and taking a chug.

"That is a voice full of humanity."

"Klaus is alive." I informed him, I heard him nearly choke on the drink he was currently sipping on-martini probably.

"W-what? How is that even possible?" He whispered loudly down the line, I shrugged even though he couldn't see me.

"Bekah said that he got Bonnie to move him into Tyler Lockwoods body until she could move him back to his own again." I explained to him what Bekah had explained to me last night when she found my unconscious body lay in the lounge.

"And he didn't include us in that plan, why?" I scoffed and took another chug, walking to the couch and throwing myself down on it, spilling the liquor slightly on the rug, I shrugged down at it.

"I d-don't know actually." I took another gulp, looking at the bottle, seeing it half empty now.

"Where is he now? I hope off winning you the world to make up for this." I smiled to myself sadly, feeling my eyes water up even more.

"He's g-he's gone Kol. He's left me again to go and create his own loyal family." I spat out. I took a long hard drink of the whiskey.

"What's Elijah said about this?"

"He's gone walk abouts again. Bekahs been trying to get ahold of him since Nik left last night."

"Dammit."

"Oh don't worry about me-I'll just drown my sorrows until I finally get the energy to do something about this." I laughed emptily, finishing the bottle of whiskey and threw it across the room frustrated.

I heard it smash against the floor somewhere in the kitchen.

"Luce...."

"We were planning to move to New Orleans together Kol. Start over. Settle down-hell maybe even get a fucking dog." I cried out. Sitting up and pressing the phone closer to my ear in sadness.

"He involved me in forever and always. How can he just cut me off like this?!" I wailed out but then cringed because of how needy I sounded but then again, I was needy because I was in love with Nik.

"I don't know angel."

"When are you coming back?" I asked him but then stood up, hearing a painful groan sound from outside the door.