TWENTYSIX

'Celebrate the irony, everything is going wrong but we're so happy.' •the wombats•

I peeled my eyes open, them being sore from the amount of crying I did last night

I blinked as I looked around the unfamiliar room, but I'm pretty sure from the velvet red curtains, the black silk sheets and hoarded sketches/paintings in the corner, that I was currently in Klaus' room.

I quickly looked to my side to see an empty space.

I smiled sadly, hoping to wake up from a shitty night to a pretty face. I heard a small clang come from downstairs so I listened closely.

I heard faint humming coming from my favourite hybrid and the sizzling of bacon and of course bekahs continuous rambling about how rude Elena was to her down in the caves last night.

But what really made me smile was the sound of the radio, blasting in the background. A radio.

How domestic.

Slowly getting myself out of the king sized bed, I looked down at myself to see I had been dressed in one of Klaus' white shirts.

I ran my hands down over the soft fabric and played with the hem.

I heard Bekahs loud laugh echo around the now quite empty house.

Kol had gone running-trying to pin down Finn and Elijah? Elijah had disappeared, he came in last night whilst Nik was taking a shower and gave me a kiss on the head goodbye and went without a word.

I frowned, dropping the shirt hem that covered me down to half of my thigh.

Elijah was a noble man, no mater what his mother had said. He was noble, he cared deeply about his family and who was pleasantly involved in the inner circle.

He respected me. He respected my decisions and opinions.

He was nothing but lovely to me since the day I first met him. He never questioned my loyalty to Nik and he kept me in the loop with what was happening.

I was going to miss Elijah and I wish he had just told me where the hell he was going.

Running a hand through my slightly tangled hair, I opened Niks bedroom door and made my way downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Morning Love. Fancy some breakfast." I smiled at the hybrid and nodded, taking a seat next to bekah at the breakfast bar, opposite Klaus at the cooker.

"He's never cooked before in his life. I'm scared." Bekah whispered to me.

"Oh oh I love this song Nik, turn it up!" Bekah asked him pleadingly.

"Really bekah? This sounds like someone's strangling a cat." Nik laugh amused.

I got up abruptly, walking over to the radio, I turned it up louder as I turned to Nik.