~VI~ - Mr. Big Hero, the Demon, and the Feathered Freak on the Side

~VI~ – Mr. Big Hero, the Demon, and the Feathered Freak on the Side

"I'm starting to think you've got a beacon on us, feathers," is Ruby's greeting to me as I enter the dark warehouse.

Before me is Ruby, Sam Winchester, and a demon stuck in a chair, in the center of a Devil's trap. The demon glares at me. If only he was fearful. I keep my newly acquired blade low at my side.

"It's just coincidence," I lie. Truthfully, it's not. I've found a way to keep my eyes on Sam Winchester and be able to find him wherever he is. I've tuned into his aura, which as strange as that sounds, helps a lot. He's got an aura full of vibrant colors, but when together, they mesh into an ugly color that should never be seen by any eyes.

"Shouldn't you be putzing around making modern miracles come true?"

I look at Ruby severely. "Humans do enough miracles for themselves. There are more important matters at hand."

"I didn't realize I was going to be tortured by nonsense bullshit," hisses the demon. I turn my head.

"Where's Lilith?" Sam demands.

"Kiss my ass." The demon exposes its true eyes: black, the color of death.

The Winchester smiles at the comment. "I'd watch myself if I were you."

"Why? Huh? Because you're Sam Winchester, Mr. Big Hero? And yet here you are, slutting around with some demon, with a feathered freak on the side. Real hero."

Is he implying what I think he's implying? It's not far-fetched; Sam reeked of Ruby's scent the night I met the both of them. How could he fall so low to bed with a demon? It's bad enough he's allied himself with one, who claims to want Lilith stopped.

And then I realize the demon has roped me into the conversation. As cliché as it's going to sound, it ruffles my feathers a bit.

"Shut your mouth," snap Sam.

"Tell me about those months without your brother. About all the things you and this demon bitch do in the dark. Huh? Tell me, hero."

I watch in awe, and in slight horror, as Sam exorcises the demon without an incantation. The demon pours from the vessel, making its way to the floor. It burns through the floor. I watch Sam, who's looking on the weak side.

I look back at the man tied to the chair. The demon's true face isn't there any longer. I can sense there's life still in him, though.

"How'd it feel?" Ruby asks him. She wears a smile on her face.

"Good," Sam replies. He's at the man, whose slumped unconscious in the chair. "No more headaches." He begins to let the body out of the ropes.

"None? That's good."

"Do you need me to heal him?" I ask Sam as the man starts to wake up.

"No, he needs proper care. I think he's had enough of this for one day."

"Or a lifetime."

"Hey, hey," Sam says to the man. "I got you. It's alright." He helps the man out of the chair. I sidestep away from the door, watching.

But when Sam opens the door, big brother Dean Winchester is right there to greet him.

"Ooh, this is going to be good," Ruby whispers. I look at her strangely. "Too bad we don't have popcorn."

"So...Anything you wanna tell me, Sam?" Dean asks his younger brother coldly.

"Dean, hold on, okay?" Sam sputters as his brother walks into the warehouse. "Just let me—"