~XXVIII~ - The Torturer's Apprentice

~XXVIII~ – The Torturer's Apprentice

Vera? I hear a voice in my head. Could use some help here.

I groan, throwing a pillow over my head, as if that would block out the noise.

"What is it?"

"The Winchesters," I mumble. "I'm being summoned."

"You don't have to answer." I hear the sheets move, and Ruby's mouth on my neck. "Just ignore them."

"If I do, they'll keep asking. Then I'll have one too many voices screaming in my head."

"Worry, worry, worry, worrywart." Ruby turns my face to catch my mouth in hers passionately. "You're not the worrier anymore, Vera."

"But what if they've got something on Lilith, something big?"

"Then it can hold off." She slithers onto me. "You and me, I want a rematch."

"If you want more, then you do it solo." I guide her off me, using the sheets as temporary clothing as I search for my discarded clothing.

"But it's not as fun without a partner." She sighs dramatically.

I pull up the underwear, hooking up the bra next. Her arms slip around my waist, finding ways through the sheet, going a bit down south. "Ruby, please."

"I know you didn't hate it. I'm not ashamed of it."

I snort a laugh. "I know you aren't."

"You can't be, Vera." Her teeth gnaw gently into the nape of my neck. "It's our little secret. You keep your thing with Sam, and keep me on the side. Two for the price of one. But let's face it, I'm a better partner in bed than he is."

I clear my throat. "I can't agree with that."

"So, you haven't slept with him?" She chuckles, giving my skin goosebumps. "Should I come with, or would that be too suspicious?"

"I'd rather play it safe." I shrug.

"Mm, I like the way you're thinking. But are you sure? Just one more round." And I can feel the sheets sliding off my body. "If you really want me to blast Heaven out of the water, let me feel those wings of yours. You know you got off on it the first time."

Vera? It's Sam again. Please.

"Ugh," I groan.

"What?" Ruby says.

"Sam, again."

"He knows how to break up a good thing. Hey, why don't you poof him over here and we can do some experimentation?" I can picture her waggling her eyebrows. "See if you can please two at the same time. Bet with your powers you can. I'd love to see him squirm without as much as a touch of a finger on him."

"Now I really need to go."

"Hey, one thing before you do." Ruby half-turns me so we can kiss heatedly. I feel dizzy when we break off.

Hastily, I dress and make sure I look decent before disappearing. I find myself in another motel room. In addition to Sam and Dean, Castiel and Uriel are present. I feel very uneasy when I meet Uriel's eyes.

"Castiel, Uriel," I greet my brothers roughly.

"Vera," the two respond. Uriel looks the most displeased by my sudden appearance.

"You called?" I look to Sam. "Are they why?" I nod towards the other angels in the room.

"There's no need for her to be here," Castiel says.