~XII~ - Anna Milton: The Girl With Angel Radio

~XII~ – Anna Milton: The Girl with Angel Radio

The first place we assumed Anna would go was back home. I'd beaten the Winchesters to the Milton house. Mr. and Mrs. Milton were dead, throats cut, blood everywhere on the floor. Sam found sulfur in the house—an indication that demons had gotten to the Miltons.

These demons, they were serious about finding Anna.

After gathering some clues as to where the girl might be, the Winchesters drove to a church. I beat them there, naturally. She was nowhere in the main part of the church, so I investigated the other parts while I waited for them to arrive.

I search the lower parts and other rooms of the ground floor before I make my way upstairs. My weapon is drawn the entire time, in fear of an ambush. I'm not letting demons get the drop on me. I refuse to let them best me, again.

When I enter the upper level of the church, I find deep red hair belonging to a woman, cowering. Her eyes are wide and frightened. She trembles violently and doesn't speak a word. Thinking quickly, I hide my weapon.

"Anna Milton?" I ask. She remains mute. "Sorry about the weapon, I promise it's not for you. I'm...not here to hurt you."

"Then why did you hesitate?" she squeaks, a terrible tremor in her voice. "That blade is for me, isn't it?"

"No, it's not."

"What...what are you? I...I see your face."

She can see my true form behind this vessel? In that moment, I hear Sam and Dean enter the room.

"About time you joined," I tell the brothers.

Anna reverts back to the mute, scared girl. I glance at the brothers to find them with (shocker) weapons.

"Dean," Sam tells his brother. "Anna?" Their weapons lower. "We're not gonna hurt you. We're here to help. She's with us. My name is Sam. This is my brother, Dean. This is our friend, Vera."

"Sam?" Anna speaks. "Not Sam Winchester?"

"Uh, yeah."

"And you're Dean. The Dean?"

"Well, yeah," Dean says. "The Dean, I guess."

"It's really you. Oh, my god. The angels talk about you. You were in Hell, but Castiel pulled you out, and some of them think you can help save us. And some of them don't like you at all. They talk about you all the time lately. I feel like I know you."

"You talk to angels?" I ask Anna curiously.

"Oh, no. No, no way. Um, they probably don't even know I exist. I just kind of...overhear them."

"You overhear them?"

"Yeah, they talk, and sometimes I just...hear them in my head."

"Like...right now?"

"Not right this second, but a lot. And I can't shut them out, there are so many of them."

She hears the angel radio? How? She is no angel, otherwise I would see her true face, as she sees mine.

"So, they lock you up with a case of the crazies when really you were just...tuning in to angel radio?" Dean asks Anna.

"Yes. Thank you." She looks relieved to hear him.

"Anna, when did the voices start?" asks Sam. "Do you remember?"