~XXXI~ - The Bad Plan Gets Slightly Better

~XXXI~ – The Bad Plan Gets Slightly Better

"I'm telling you, I don't know anything!" the demon yells at me.

Thanks to my time with the Winchesters, I was able to draw a Devil's Trap, which is holding the demon I have right now. I have him tied down, and he's covered in blood and cuts. Yes, cuts, not guts, I didn't misspeak.

"You don't have one single thought in that demonic brain of yours?" I circle the demon, angel blade threatening him. "Not one? How do you even breathe, or move, if such a thing is true?"

"Bite me, bitch."

"Sorry, I don't eat." I make a quick strike across the demon's left shoulder. "If you didn't kill her, then who did?"

"Look, demons kill angels. Angels kill demons. The only one who can tell you is the murdered angel herself—but wait, the dead can't talk. Well, not the celestial dead at least."

I strike the demon against the side of the head with my fist. "Give me a name."

"I can't give you what I don't know!"

I exhale through my nose. He must be telling the truth, damn it all. I roll my tongue in my teeth before stabbing the demon through the neck with the blade. His head falls forward, body still shorting out from the blade. I rub my face.

I don't want to say that Dean Winchester was right when he said my plan isn't solid...well, not to his face. He seems like the kind that would rub it in if he ever heard me utter the words.

This demon marks five since my hunt for Alona's killer has begun. The days are all blended together, so I can't tell how long it's been since I've been away from Sam and Dean. All I know is that I haven't rested, and that I'm no closer to finding the being responsible than I was when I first got the thought inside of my head.

Frustrated, I leave the corpse in the chair and step outside into the night. So far, the prayers from Sam have been none. So far, he's keeping true to his word. Though, I do miss him. But he wasn't close to Alona. He has no reason to be in this. This is my mission alone. His mission is bigger, that's his priority. Right now, this is mine.

My skin prickles as I feel the dark presence close by. I adjust the grip on my blade, and suddenly I'm surrounded by demons. I stab the first one in the gut, and as he shorts out, I'm tackled by the others. I feel the blade be ripped from my hands, and as I struggle, I'm put onto my knees, arms held by a demon each.

A female demon stands before me, picking up the blade in the dirt, brushing every speck off. She's humming something to herself, and any minimal struggle that I try doesn't end in my favor. If I can just smite them...but I can't do it if they're holding me.

"What have we here?" she purrs, blonde curls bouncing. "A rogue angel? Shouldn't you be with your flock?"

What flock? I can't tell who to trust. "Shouldn't you be rotting with Lucifer in a hole in the ground somewhere?"

"We've noticed you're chopping demons down like trees, kiddo." She pricks her finger at the end of the blade. "Makes us wonder why. Doesn't seem like it's for sport, killing for fun is our gig." The blade is pointing at me as she walks closer.

"My friend was murdered."

"Angels have friends? I didn't think you guys had emotions."